Contribute
Register

Dell 7559 i5 6300HQ El Capitan/Sierra installed success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do anyone of you face the problem of low backlight? I now successfully boot it with clover legacy but the backlight level is not adjustable and it is definitely dimmer than in UEFI mode(i.e. Windows). How to solve the issue?

I have done necessary patches already but it seems that the backlight will be a bit dimmer than in UEFI mode since the loading of the BIOS. When Clover is loading with -v, the screen brightness become normal. And once Mac loaded, the brightness go dimmer again. I want to know if this is the common problem of legacy boot Clover.
I got the same problem in OS10.12.4,but uefi boot on me(bios 1.0.1).
EDIT:back to 10.11.6.

Last edited:
I have done necessary patches already but it seems that the backlight will be a bit dimmer than in UEFI mode since the loading of the BIOS. When Clover is loading with -v, the screen brightness become normal. And once Mac loaded, the brightness go dimmer again. I want to know if this is the common problem of legacy boot Clover.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached. Read the FAQ.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached. Read the FAQ.
Here you go. I have applied the AppleBacklightInjector patch you mentioned above and now it gets a little bit brighter but still obviously dimmer then UEFI Windows.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 83
Here you go. I have applied the AppleBacklightInjector patch you mentioned above and now it gets a little bit brighter but still obviously dimmer then UEFI Windows.

Why do you have AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed in two places?
Code:
Davids-MacBook-Pro:~ david$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext

One or both of them is not up-to-date...

Why do you have AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed in two places?
One or both of them is not up-to-date...

You're right. I accidentally used the wrong one. I have updated it and still no luck. Need to redo the whole problem reporting things?
Code:
Davids-MacBook-Pro:~ david$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
KernelCache ID: 25792632367C6FC50526002FD02F5A71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back