Contribute
Register

DC7900 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update

Well have been playing with El Capitan for a couple of days now. I did do something to the install that pooched the boot, since it was so fresh it was easier to do a re-install than try and fix it with some of the methods I found here on tonymacx.

This time I did the install as an internal, it was much faster and went smooth with all the final versions of the plist.aml etc..

What I have found.. and not sure if there is anyway to address this. My GT610 works very poorly with El Capitan. Videos are not smooth, just moving windows around the desktop can be choppy if I have more than 1 open .. its like im running a card thats really not up to the job in this build.. I have nothing else to test.. would a gt630 be much better? or maybe an ATI card of some kind.

If I reboot my Yos build it seems to work like it had in the past. It is not a video rocket with the GT610 even in Yos.. but functional without artifacts.. yes. In El Capitan the closest thing I relate it to is when I would try and overclock a video card on a PC.. you would get to the point where it would start acting funny.. give artifacts.. or blockiness ... and yes.. I did manage to crash the El Capitan one time.. when I was trying to close a busy window. I notice at boot, when I assume it is injecting the driver there is a funny screen sequence that I have not seen in any other build .. didnt think much of it then.. but maybe its giving me the idea that this GT610 and El Cap are not happy together.

So I am running 10.10.5 at the moment. I still have this build on the HD.. not sure how I might troubleshoot this though. We have only the Nvidia injector, maybe only another card would work.

James

So I am running 10.10.5 at the moment. I still have this build on the HD.. not sure how I might troubleshoot this though. We have only the Nvidia injector, maybe only another card would work

The config.plist in Post #4 has Inject Nvidia selected - For your GT610 try deselecting it.
The GT610 has native support in El Capitan.

Attachments

• Off.png
    Off.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 220
The config.plist in Post #4 has Inject Nvidia selected - For your GT610 try deselecting it.
The GT610 has native support in El Capitan.

Yes P1LGRIM, that was the issue, I had tried a few other things..

SO in the Config.plist - I unchecked the Nvidia injection.. and in boot .. I unchecked Nvidia disable.

I am now running with full GPU support.

THanks

James

Heyya!

I am thinking of buying a second hand DC7900 Ultra-Slim Desktop without discrete graphics. Do you think it will work with el capitan?

Sound will work with attached DSDT? or du I need to inject a kext?

Heyya!

I am thinking of buying a second hand DC7900 Ultra-Slim Desktop without discrete graphics. Do you think it will work with el capitan?

Sound will work with attached DSDT? or du I need to inject a kext?

Without a discrete card for gfx you'll be limited to 1024 x 768 and only 3mb of Vram. Not a great
experience of OS X. There is no way to get QE/CI with the built in 4500HD graphics AFAIK.

If you somehow do figure it out be sure to post here. The SFF version can easily take a GT 210/610 and give you full 1080p and graphics acceleration. Price of the SFF DC7900 is about the same or less than the USFF version.

For audio we haven't found a Voodoo HDA kext that works very well so use a USB adapter or just
plug in USB speakers.

Hi guys,

I´m new at this but I had a HP DC7900 SFF lying around at home I thought why not trying to install El Capitan on it.

I´ve managed to create a bootable USB Flash Drive (2.0) with Unibeast with MBR and Legacy mode.
I can boot the flash drive but when I choose to boot to OS X on USB it gives me the Apple logo and some text about panic(cpu 0 caller ...) ang Mac OS versopn: Not yet set. and then i reboots

I have tried to boot with -x -v -s but it behaves exactly desame no mather what I do.

Does anyone have any sugestions on how to solve/troubleshoot the issue?

Hi guys,

I´m new at this but I had a HP DC7900 SFF lying around at home I thought why not trying to install El Capitan on it.

I´ve managed to create a bootable USB Flash Drive (2.0) with Unibeast with MBR and Legacy mode.
I can boot the flash drive but when I choose to boot to OS X on USB it gives me the Apple logo and some text about panic(cpu 0 caller ...) ang Mac OS versopn: Not yet set. and then i reboots

I have tried to boot with -x -v -s but it behaves exactly desame no mather what I do.

Does anyone have any sugestions on how to solve/troubleshoot the issue?

See Post #4.

Hi again!

I wasn´t that clear in my first post.
The reason I posted it in this thread was because I did follow those instructions.

Now when I choose to boot from USB it prints some + in the upper left corner of the screen and then it just reboots.

I am using all files according to Post #4.

Hi again!

I wasn´t that clear in my first post.
The reason I posted it in this thread was because I did follow those instructions.

Now when I choose to boot from USB it prints some + in the upper left corner of the screen and then it just reboots.

I am using all files according to Post #4.

Your previous post says that you used UniBeast :
I´ve managed to create a bootable USB Flash Drive (2.0) with Unibeast

The instructions in Post #4 do not mention UniBeast.

My build and Bikerbob's build both use a discrete Nvidia graphics card and if you don't have one then the config.plist won't work for you without modification.

See also what trs96 says in Post #25.

Hello,

nice tuto P1LGRIM,
however, i failed while trying to create a boutable external drive with the new version of El Capitain 10.11.3
either with a kernel panic "AppleUSBHCPI..." using Unibeast method
or with a "+++++++++++......_" auto-reboot using your method

but at some point, i ended booting up to the installer with a GUI error like ".. didn't find any GUID partition ... " , and i couldn't replicate it anymore,, it was one boot shot only !! (after reboot, -> kernel panic)

any help regarding 10.11.3 would be appreciated, or a link to the older working version

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back