Contribute
Register

Dante's Customac: GA-B85-HD3 -i3 4330 -HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Giannis96,

I was wondering if you did have to use a boot flag like -x or -v when you installed Mavericks. I have a similar board like yours with the B85 chipset and will install Mavericks in the future.

THanks,

Misscomp

Dear Giannis96,

I was wondering if you did have to use a boot flag like -x or -v when you installed Mavericks. I have a similar board like yours with the B85 chipset and will install Mavericks in the future.

THanks,

Misscomp

Hey!
I didn't have to use any bootflag, the boot/installation was smooth and straightforward just be aware that VGA is not supported.
Good luck with the installation.

CMMdavy,
You should be able to install Mavericks on your system using the standard UniBeast installation procedure. No boot flags required for HD4600. Don't use the VGA connection as Apple has not supported VGA natively in OS X.

When you are through the installation process (following the tonymacx86 10.9 Installation guide), you should only need to use the following in MultiBeast for Mavericks:
DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC892
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch (optional - for SSDs)
Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL81xx (Lnx2Mac's driver)​
Others are optional, but get it running first. Note: Dante's MultiBeast Configure screen snapshot shows all the drivers, etc., that DSDT Free loads plus the drivers above. See the MultiBeast Features document that comes with the MultiBeast zip file for more information.

Finally, download and install the latest version of Chimera. (At this date/time, v3.01 in not yet incorporated into MultiBeast.)

UniBeast, MultiBeast and Chimera are set up by default correctly for your configuration. You shouldn't need boot flags.

Finally, since the installation will automatically reboot after the installation to set up your OS X, I recommend you set your boot disk to the UniBeast USB thumb drive in the BIOS. Then, when OS X automatically reboots, UniBeast performs the boot loading of OS X, and you can
finish your setup,
run MultiBeast,
reboot into the BIOS, and
set your BIOS boot disk to the OS X installation.​
All this is detailed in the tonymacx86 10.9 Installation Guide which I recommend printing out and checking off each step so you don't miss a step. :thumbup:

Hi Stork,

I have now successfully completed the build and largely followed your procedure above with the exception of installing Chimera.

And the only issue that I currently am having is no audio. On this i have looked at the Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide] and had assistance from toleda who asks "why did you install the MultiBeast/ALC892 solution?"

What ALC should i have used? or will installing Chimera resolve the issue?

Hi Stork,

I have now successfully completed the build and largely followed your procedure above with the exception of installing Chimera.

And the only issue that I currently am having is no audio. On this i have looked at the Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide] and had assistance from toleda who asks "why did you install the MultiBeast/ALC892 solution?"

What ALC should i have used? or will installing Chimera resolve the issue?
I'm assuming he's implying that you should use the method in his Guide to get HDMI audio as the MultiBeast ALC892 does not support HDMI audio. Installing Chimera 3.01 (or whatever the latest version is) will give you the start to getting HDMI audio to work per his guide. :thumbup:

I'm assuming he's implying that you should use the method in his Guide to get HDMI audio as the MultiBeast ALC892 does not support HDMI audio. Installing Chimera 3.01 (or whatever the latest version is) will give you the start to getting HDMI audio to work per his guide. :thumbup:

Hi Stork,

Thanks. Is there any specific why that i should go about installing chimera now? Or is it simply to download install and restart?

With regards to his guide i am finding it difficult to get the step by step procedure from his guide, I seem not to follow (as i am new to all of this) could you perhaps assist in giving me the simplified version?

Hi Stork,

Thanks. Is there any specific why that i should go about installing chimera now? Or is it simply to download install and restart?
Yes, just download the latest Chimera, install and restart.

With regards to his guide i am finding it difficult to get the step by step procedure from his guide, I seem not to follow (as i am new to all of this) could you perhaps assist in giving me the simplified version?
No, I can't lead you step-by-step any better than toleda's Guide. You will probably have to read it several times to get the flow of it - I know I did. I don't have any monitors that have built in speakers, so I tried his guide using my TV. It worked, and, then, I went back to my normal setup. Good luck! :thumbup:

Yes, just download the latest Chimera, install and restart.

No, I can't lead you step-by-step any better than toleda's Guide. You will probably have to read it several times to get the flow of it - I know I did. I don't have any monitors that have built in speakers, so I tried his guide using my TV. It worked, and, then, I went back to my normal setup. Good luck! :thumbup:

HI Stork,

I have installed Chimera but still no luck. How can i let if chimera is installed and that the system is using chimera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back