Contribute
Register

Dante's Customac: GA-B85-HD3 -i3 4330 -HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi giannis96

Thanks for the help. Will try it out and let you know. When I did the setup of the bios I did it directly on the bios and have not tried using the -v mode. I tried the -x mode and it also locked up.

Would it be possible for you to send me screen shots of the bios config? so I have it when I go through setup again. As I am not the most able "techie"......:crazy:

Just some more information i created the boot disk as per the user manual and then started with the BIOS.

The BIOS changes i made are as follows:
1. Boot priorities to USB
2. Boot option I have tried both SATA and Legacy, none seem to work. How do I know which one to Use, i believe that this should never be set to UEFI.
3. xHCI set to Auto
4. xHCI had off/EHCI hand off set to enabled.

The other setting where left as defaulted.

But the system still freezes when i use the HDMI display on the login screen before the language selection. I have tried using the -x method and that does the same.

Have i missed anything?

But the best will be if I can get screenshots of the BIOS settings.

Thanks.

Just some more information i created the boot disk as per the user manual and then started with the BIOS.

The BIOS changes i made are as follows:
1. Boot priorities to USB
2. Boot option I have tried both SATA and Legacy, none seem to work. How do I know which one to Use, i believe that this should never be set to UEFI.
3. xHCI set to Auto
4. xHCI had off/EHCI hand off set to enabled.

The other setting where left as defaulted.

But the system still freezes when i use the HDMI display on the login screen before the language selection. I have tried using the -x method and that does the same.

Have i missed anything?

But the best will be if I can get screenshots of the BIOS settings.

Thanks.

Hello again I am glad to help !

As for boot options/priorities set your usb flash drive with the OS X installation.
Also let me know your bios version and if you have an older version try to update it. i have F5 which also is a bit outdated but it may help.
Let me know the results :D

So here are the shots from my bios taken from my nexus 5 (I forgot about the screenshot key in my bios xD):

Attachments

• IMG_20140519_093722.jpg
    IMG_20140519_093722.jpg
    975.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20140519_093914.jpg
    IMG_20140519_093914.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20140519_093845.jpg
    IMG_20140519_093845.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20140519_095423.jpg
    IMG_20140519_095423.jpg
    934.7 KB · Views: 181
Hi Thanks so much.

I have few quick questions:

1. On the Peripherals menu the Init Display First, I do not have a graphics card and am using the internal graphics card so should this be set to the on board graphics card? Then on the internal graphics will also be enabled?

2. XHCI mode some people set this to smart auto other to Auto, what is the difference?

3. I have also seen that some people system freezes on install when using the VGA port. I am using the HDMI port and it still had an issue. Is there a BIOS seeing for this? As I cannot see anything.

Hi Thanks so much.

I have few quick questions:

1. On the Peripherals menu the Init Display First, I do not have a graphics card and am using the internal graphics card so should this be set to the on board graphics card? Then on the internal graphics will also be enabled?

2. XHCI mode some people set this to smart auto other to Auto, what is the difference?

3. I have also seen that some people system freezes on install when using the VGA port. I am using the HDMI port and it still had an issue. Is there a BIOS seeing for this? As I cannot see anything.

1.Yes indeed, enable the internal graphics and check they are first

2.XHCI makes no difference, Smart auto doesn't work in OS X that's why most people use Auto so i suggest to set it Auto

3.Well as i told you i had experience with VGA and it does not work, so i did the installation with HDMI which seemed to work fine. I used HDMI (internal intel graphics) until i got my graphics card.

So what i suggest now is to try either GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No while on HDMI or Dvi if possible, to see how this goes.

To set the GraphicsEnabler to "Yes" or "No" will i have to make use of the -v boot procedure?

To set the GraphicsEnabler to "Yes" or "No" will i have to make use of the -v boot procedure?

Well, it makes no difference -v (verbose bode) shows you step by step what happens while you are booting and it makes it easy to diagnose the problem if you stuck.
Try both and send some screenshots if you still can't make it to the language screen!

Sorry man excuse my ignorance but when you say I should try both what do you mean?

Sorry man excuse my ignorance but when you say I should try both what do you mean?

It's no problem man, there always is a first time for everything :D I mean when you are at the bootloader type:

-v(space)GraphicsEnabler=Yes

See if it works if not reboot and this time type:

-v(space)GraphicsEnabler=No

Glad to help.

Thanks. Will keep you posted on progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back