Contribute
Register

Customac mATX question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @pastrychef
they are just from your EFI folder that I dumped in there.. can you give me a tip how to redo these for this motherboard? should I use a clover configuration thingy?

I did the MSR unlocking AFTER setting the bios settings in your guide.. could that be a problem?

hope its not a faulty GPU that's causing the freezes

Please see post #3 of my Z390 thread. On the bottom, there are instructions on "how to populate System Information > PCI". Follow those instructions to redo your device properties.

No, it doesn't matter when you unlock MSR.

Also, please update your profile to reflect the hardware you are working on.

Please see post #3 of my Z390 thread. On the bottom, there are instructions on "how to populate System Information > PCI". Follow those instructions to redo your device properties.
@pastrychef
Ah ok I thought those settings very solely cosmetic

Im now following your great guide.
but those lines I should delete are not even there... should I just leave it and continue ?
Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 16.07.24.png

Last edited:
Dear @pastrychef.
So I'm still experiencing the crashes that seems to be a GPU problem. I tried stressing the GPU and it does not seem to be utilised by stress. The crashes with green dots usually happens close to a start op from cold and within 30 min. it happens just opening a folder in finder or pressing a button in premiere pro etc.. Then after reboot it doesn't seem to happen again... I realise that if its a hardware problem it has nothing to do with hackintoshing, but since this graphics card is all new , and doesn't seemed damaged in anyway my gut it saying its some sort of setting. my knowledge is very limited, but could it be something with IGPU causing it? should I try enabling IGPU in bios? maybe its trying to switch to IGPU and failing or something? Could it be issue with the amount of power being sent to the RX580?
Hope you can give me tip. sorry for the long message.

Attachments

• IMG_2066.JPG
    IMG_2066.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 43
Dear @pastrychef.
So I'm still experiencing the crashes that seems to be a GPU problem. I tried stressing the GPU and it does not seem to be utilised by stress. The crashes with green dots usually happens close to a start op from cold and within 30 min. it happens just opening a folder in finder or pressing a button in premiere pro etc.. Then after reboot it doesn't seem to happen again... I realise that if its a hardware problem it has nothing to do with hackintoshing, but since this graphics card is all new , and doesn't seemed damaged in anyway my gut it saying its some sort of setting. my knowledge is very limited, but could it be something with IGPU causing it? should I try enabling IGPU in bios? maybe its trying to switch to IGPU and failing or something? Could it be issue with the amount of power being sent to the RX580?

Hi there.

Sorry to butt-in here, but try booting with the "-radvesa" boot argument (assuming Whatevergreen is installed).

What this does is to disable AMD video acceleration. It's only temporary but will allow us to get another perspective on what is happening.

I have an idea but want to test before I call it.

:)

Hi there.

Sorry to butt-in here, but try booting with the "-radvesa" boot argument (assuming Whatevergreen is installed).

What this does is to disable AMD video acceleration. It's only temporary but will allow us to get another perspective on what is happening.

I have an idea but want to test before I call it.

Hi!
Thanks for jumping in
I added the -radvesa boot argument to my config and its trying to boot up now but taking a really long time, been on the apple boot loading screen for 5-6- minutes now. Will let you know what happens...
Appreciate it!

Dear @pastrychef.

The easiest way to know if it's your video card is, pull out your video card and run your system on on IGPU only for a few days.

I don't know of any setting that can cause what you have on your screenshot. I only know of failing video cards that can produce that.

Hi!
Thanks for jumping in
I added the -radvesa boot argument to my config and its trying to boot up now but taking a really long time, been on the apple boot loading screen for 5-6- minutes now. Will let you know what happens...
Appreciate it!

Okay, well given it's an hour later now ...

I agree with @pastrychef - this is probably a faulty GPU. I had very similar symptoms with a Sapphire GPU a while ago. It was brand new and sealed etc. The problem was faulty video-card memory. I RMA'd it and the seller replaced.

My boot argument test was to see if you could get just basic VESA graphics. Seems not.

Sorry that wasn't more positive.

Okay, well given it's an hour later now ...

I agree with @pastrychef - this is probably a faulty GPU. I had very similar symptoms with a Sapphire GPU a while ago. It was brand new and sealed etc. The problem was faulty video-card memory. I RMA'd it and the seller replaced.

My boot argument test was to see if you could get just basic VESA graphics. Seems not.

Sorry that wasn't more positive.
hi again ! yes it does not seem to boot :( I guess I'll RMA the video card... thanks so much for helping clear this up @pastrychef @UtterDisbelief

sorry how do I remove the -redvesa argument without booting into osx?

"My boot argument test was to see if you could get just basic VESA graphics. Seems not."
just to confirm; so now that this boot did not success it should mean that the GPU is faulty?

hi again ! yes it does not seem to boot :( I guess I'll RMA the video card... thanks so much for helping clear this up @pastrychef @UtterDisbelief

sorry how do I remove the -redvesa argument without booting into osx?

"My boot argument test was to see if you could get just basic VESA graphics. Seems not."
just to confirm; so now that this boot did not success it should mean that the GPU is faulty?

Just boot to the Clover menu, cursor down to the Options icon and on the first line you can edit-out the command. (Press Enter to edit; press Enter again to accept the edit). Then scroll down to Return and boot your drive. Once at desktop don't forget to remove from config.plist.

Just boot to the Clover menu, cursor down to the Options icon and on the first line you can edit-out the command. (Press Enter to edit; press Enter again to accept the edit). Then scroll down to Return and boot your drive. Once at desktop don't forget to remove from config.plist.

Ah nice one thanks :)
So judging on the info would you advice a RMA ?
Then I'll go ahead and do that.
Maybe also go with another GPU model? as seems people have issues with this one... which one you guys recommend instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back