Contribute
Register

Customac mATX question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @pastrychef
computer is running great, but I'm getting this one bug, still not sure if its triggered by anything but all of the sudden the screen freezes and the screen goes the picture below. ( and I have to force restart the machine. )
IMG_2066.JPG

Any idea what could cause this and how to fix?

Hi @pastrychef
computer is running great, but I'm getting this one bug, still not sure if its triggered by anything but all of the sudden the screen freezes and the screen goes the picture below. ( and I have to force restart the machine. ) View attachment 474462

Any idea what could cause this and how to fix?

This looks like it may be a defective GPU. But I've never seen IGPU go bad before...

What version of macOS are you running?
What ig-platform-id are you using?

This looks like it may be a defective GPU. But I've never seen IGPU go bad before...

Model Identifier: iMacPro1,1

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 17.59.35.png

Not sure where to see my ig-platform-id

it just happned again while in editing software :(... I can still move the mouse around after the strange squares freeze the screen.

EDIT: nevermind.. the mouse disappears after a while

Last edited:
Sorry for the spam...
I found out that my bios settings had gone back to the defaults and not the ones in your guide... maybe that means I should do the MSR unlocking again aswell?
Could this be what was causing the issue above?

Last edited:
Sorry for the spam...
I found out that my bios settings had gone back to the defaults and not the ones in your guide... maybe that means I should do the MSR unlocking again aswell?
Could this be what was causing the issue above?

Did you create the entries in config.plist > Devices > Properties yourself or are they from my EFI? Since you are on a different motherboard, you should redo those for your motherboard.

After unlocking MSR, go in to BIOS and apply the appropriate settings for hackintoshing. Then save the BIOS profile to a USB flash drive. If/when the BIOS resets, you can just load the BIOS profile and MSR unlock will already be in the profile.

Did you create the entries in config.plist > Devices > Properties yourself or are they from my EFI? Since you are on a different motherboard, you should redo those for your motherboard.

After unlocking MSR, go in to BIOS and apply the appropriate settings for hackintoshing. Then save the BIOS profile to a USB flash drive. If/when the BIOS resets, you can just load the BIOS profile and MSR unlock will already be in the profile.

Hi @pastrychef
they are just from your EFI folder that I dumped in there.. can you give me a tip how to redo these for this motherboard? should I use a clover configuration thingy?

I did the MSR unlocking AFTER setting the bios settings in your guide.. could that be a problem?

hope its not a faulty GPU that's causing the freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back