Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm having some problems getting my sound card working with OS X version 10.8.2, specifically the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XTreme Fatal1ty PCI-E. In my research, I've found that the VoodooHDA kext is required (latest version at the time of writing), however installing it causes the system to kernel panic at boot. I believe this may be due to the fact that I've patched the AppleHDA kext with Multibeast. I've tried other versions of VoodooHDA, but they have no effect, and don't kernel panic at boot.

So what I think I'll try doing is installing the 10.8.2 combined update to get AppleHDA back, then trying VoodooHDA on a clean audio extension.

Has anyone had any sort of luck in this area, or have any alternative ideas with how to proceed?

I'm having some problems getting my sound card working with OS X version 10.8.2, specifically the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium XTreme Fatal1ty PCI-E. In my research, I've found that the VoodooHDA kext is required (latest version at the time of writing), however installing it causes the system to kernel panic at boot. I believe this may be due to the fact that I've patched the AppleHDA kext with Multibeast. I've tried other versions of VoodooHDA, but they have no effect, and don't kernel panic at boot.

So what I think I'll try doing is installing the 10.8.2 combined update to get AppleHDA back, then trying VoodooHDA on a clean audio extension.

Has anyone had any sort of luck in this area, or have any alternative ideas with how to proceed?

Search the net for the kxaudio.kext and try that instead for your Creative audio card.

Topic moved to Audio.

I have a modified voodoohda just for that sound card. Pm me and I'll send them to you in the next day or so.

I am having the same problem. Panic at start up with the latest HDA. All the others do not seem to work.

hey Jandntv
can you advise me before i buy a Creative X-Fi titanium soundblaster card that the Coaxial (digital) port works?
Thanks

hugo

I have a modified voodoohda just for that sound card. Pm me and I'll send them to you in the next day or so.
Hi May I ask for the kext for the Xi-Fi Titanium HD PCIE ?

Hi May I ask for the kext for the Xi-Fi Titanium HD PCIE ?

Hello.

Sorry the original poster was last here 7 years ago, so it is unlikely they can help.

See post #2.

Remember PM distribution of files is not allowed here :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back