Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Colanta
Does it work after a reboot? The provided tool should attach stream 8 to node 2. Run the script again to see if any changes have been made.
Here is a revised script for better readability.

Attachments

• chipio_HDAnode_streamID.sh.zip
    863 bytes · Views: 135
@wern I've tried the script to swap and restore.

Before:

Code:
    for HDA node  = 02
    used streamID = 14

After:

Code:
    for HDA node  = 02
    used streamID = 08

i tried to swap, then reboot without luck, no sound on any port, back nor front.

Just in case, I'll attach my clover plist

EDIT: I've tried Inject Audio 2 in clover and i got the same very quiet (at max volume) audio on two ports

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
@wern I've tried the script to swap and restore.

Before:

Code:
    for HDA node  = 02
    used streamID = 14

After:

Code:
    for HDA node  = 02
    used streamID = 08

i tried to swap, then reboot without luck, no sound on any port, back nor front.

Just in case, I'll attach my clover plist

EDIT: I've tried Inject Audio 2 in clover and i got the same very quiet (at max volume) audio on two ports
I'm sorry, the tool was faulty, here's the corrected one.
swap streams.zip

Hey!

This is the new output after run the new tool

Code:
    for HDA node  = 02
    used streamID = 08

for HDA node  = 03
    used streamID = 15

for HDA node  = 04
    used streamID = 16

for HDA node  = 05
    used streamID = 09

for HDA node  = 06
    used streamID = 14

for HDA node  = 07
    used streamID = 13

for HDA node  = 08
    used streamID = 12

for HDA node  = 09
    used streamID = 01

for HDA node  = 0a
    used streamID = 0b

for HDA node  = 15
    used streamID = 11

No Audio so far with Inject 1, Inject 2 very quiet audio on the same 2 ports :crazy:

@Colanta
If the PC was already turned off after using the broken tool or was in sleep mode and it still does not work, we should try VoodooHDA. TravelerTechie has already given me a dump while using VoodooHDA, but he has the Gaming 9 mainboard and I'am not sure if there are any differences to yours.
Here is a link to the VoodooHDA.kext, if it works, please make a dump and upload it.
To use VoodooHDA, just copy the kext to the "Other" folder and uncheck the HDAS to HDEF fix.

Hey Wern,

Here is the VoodooHDA Dump, I have audio only on one port and only if I select "Line-Out (Green Rear)" output.

Attachments

• Colanta_VoodooHDA_Dump.txt
    29.1 KB · Views: 88
Ok, so try this AppleALC to see if that's why it works with VoodooHDA. Use layout-id 1 or 2

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    886.1 KB · Views: 144
I just finished my Z370 AORUS Gaming WIFI build for 10.13.6, and both the front and rear panel stereo outputs have lots of digital noise (it correlates with disk and CPU activity). The output level seems OK, in other words it's not a result of low output and too much gain in the amp I'm using.

I am using only AppleALC and all the ports are recognized/selectable in MacOS Sound. The noise is constant, unrelated to system or control panel volume. I just came from a Z68 series with Realtek chip and it was quiet as can be using the same cables, amp, etc. I literally just swapped computers. I suspect it's just noise coming through the analog output hardware, but toleda asked that I post here for comments. Thanks if anyone can help!

After some experimentation, using the TOSlink output and a USB DAC, everything works well except when using the motherboard's analog output directly so it's not the audio driver. I have concluded, based on Googling the symptoms, that this is a characteristic of the board - probably poor layout or isolation. I'll be sure to buy a board with the Realtek chip next time if I want to use the analog output, as they seem to work better (all of my prior 3 Hack builds have had Realtek audio).

@BobDobbs
If you already use the IRQ fixes and the CodecCommander.kext from the first page, you can try a replacement power supply. I also had a noise during WI-FI activity since I changed the power supply, the noise is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back