Contribute
Register

Creative CA0132 codec discussion (Sound Core3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HDAS to HDEF patch works and the IRQ fixes too.
You can go back to the newest AppleALC, the issue is elsewhere. Make sure you are using an unmodified AppleHDA.kext and that is in /S/L/E and no other in /L/E or the clover folder.

Enter this to the terminal window and show me the result.
sudo kextcache -i /

Attached is the dump of what shows up on screen during the kextcache command. I have updated the AppleALC to 1.3.0, set the IRQ fixes as you suggested, and, as far as I know, I have an unmodified AppleHDA.kext. If it has been modified, I didn't do it purposely.

After rebooting the machine with these changes in place, I now have the identified sound output device of the monitor showing up as an option but the volume controls are greyed out, and there is still no sound.

This is an interesting challenge!

Attachments

• KextCache_081518.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 95
The AppleHDA.kext is modified, you have to replace it. remove the realtekALC.kext and repair permissions of CodecCommander.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext && sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext

OK...

So, now, I replaced the AppleHDA.kext with the one out of the original installer. I deleted realtekALC.kext and I repaired the permissions as you described above. I shut down, waited a few minutes and rebooted.

Now, I don't have the output option for the monitor as I did before. The only output options are the network devices (My AppleTV and my Savant Media Server on the network). I'm attaching the IoReg file as before, the text dump of the kextcache as well.

Three steps forward, two steps back?

Attachments

• KextCache_081518v2.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Anne’s iMac_081518.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 60
Just copy the kext is not enough, you need to repair permissions and rebuild the cache. Use a KextUtility or enter the following commands into the terminal.

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext && sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

then:
sudo kextcache -i /

Just copy the kext is not enough, you need to repair permissions and rebuild the cache. Use a KextUtility or enter the following commands into the terminal.

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext && sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

then:
sudo kextcache -i /

First of all, I appreciate your patience and help with this. I went back to the machine again this evening and repaired the permissions with the command described above. and rebuilt the cache. The output from rebuilding the cache this time did not contain the same rejections for file system permissions as the last time. The only text I got was related to kexts with invalid signatures that were allowed (FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, and CodecCommander).

I shut down thereafter, let it sit and rebooted. But, I still don't have any output devices for the sound in preferences.

What do you suggest?

The only text I got was related to kexts with invalid signatures that were allowed (FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, and CodecCommander).
That's fine, it just shows you unsigned kexts.
You've installed the realtekALC.kext an I suspect that there is also a SSDT.aml for it. Please upload the content of the Clover/ACPI/patched folder.

Do you have kexts in Clover/kexts/Other or 10.13?
Does HDMI is working again?
Please upload the config.plist.

In the Clover/kexts/Other folder there are three files: AppleALC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, and Lilu.kext. The 10.13 folder is empty.

Attached is the file config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 126

Oh. And, no, HDMI is not showing up. The only Audio output devices are the network devices as above. At one point on this journey, the video monitor showed up. It's connected via Displayport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back