Contribute
Register

CPU power management is broken and I can not boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.8.2
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
660ti MSI 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, I've been having some problems recently with nvda exceptions and I was reading on forums about the problem. One user suggested changing your system definition to Mac Pro 5,1. So I opened multibeast and attempted to change the definition, I rebooted, and I could not boot normally without a panic. I went into safe mode and I figured that each time you install from multibeast you need to reinstall all your drivers again (correct me if I'm wrong). So I did so and now I can't boot into anything, not from my unibeast drive, not with any boot flag, nothing. I think I had a conflict between fakesmc and CPU power management (read something on that in the forums). I even deleted both Kexts from the computer. No dice. I'm probably doing something wrong when I install my drivers in multibeast since I've had this problem before.

Is there any way to fix power management without a full reinstall? I kind of have a few important files in my machine. Thanks so much in advance for the help.

Actually, I think my biggest problem is that, the second time around, when I installed all of my drivers again, I installed CPU power management drivers from multibeast. I have a modified UEFI from the BIOS repo that handles power management. That's what the conflict is, in my naivety I did not realize that would create a conflict. Now I am without both AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.Kexts as well as FakeSMC. Still, that leaves me up the creek without a paddle. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back