Contribute
Register

CPU Overheating. Fans not working properly? + General Post Install Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the next stage is copying the CLOVER folder I have created to your new USB pen drives EFI folder.

This should be easy as you have the EFI Partition from the USB mounted on your desktop.

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 00.07.59.png Open the EFI partition

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 00.08.14.png Open the EFI folder

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 00.08.23.png Drag and drop the CLOVER folder I created to the EFI folder.

When asked select REPLACE, not merge or any other option. REPLACE.

This will overwrite the CLOVER folder created by the Installer, which is worse than useless for running a hack.

Your CLOVER USB drive is now ready to be used.

Here is a comparison of the contents of the new and your current CLOVER folders.

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 00.12.42.png Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 00.13.36.png

As you can see they are very different. The config.plist has been changed even more.

But I will leave you to discover those differences in your own time.

Now, when you reboot your system with the USB pen drive installed in one of your case ports you will need to press the F12 button, when the Gigabyte splash screen appears.

This will bring up the Boot Menu list.

You need to select the UEFI partition on the USB pen drive as the boot option.

This should boot you to the Clover boot screen. The first thing you should notice is that this Clover folder uses a different boot theme - Catalina. I have done this on purpose so you can easily see when you are booted from the USB compared to when you are booting from your normal drive.

On the Catalina boot screen your Mojave drive icon should be visible. Select it as normal. MacOS should boot using the settings on the USB pen drive.

I have set the boot to show the Verbose text (-v) boot argument.

Hopefully it will boot to the Mojave macOS sign in screen and then your desktop.

If it stalls, take a picture of the screen where it stops and post a copy here. We may need to tweak the CLOVER folders contents, so don't worry if it does kernel panic.

Unfortunately time has run out for me tonight, it is 12.20am here in London. So I am off for the night.

Catch up with you again tomorrow.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 33
Copy these kexts from your /Library/Extensions folder to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, before deleting them.

Quick question: When I get to this point and I move say Lilu.kext from my /Library/Extensions folder to my /CLOVER/kexts/Other is it supposed to copy it or simply move it from one folder to another. Currently I move Lilu.kext and it exists both in /CLOVER/kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions. Is this correct?

Yes, that is why I said fro you to copy it, and then delete it from the /Library/Extensions folder.

Yes, that is why I said fro you to copy it, and then delete it from the /Library/Extensions folder.

I figured. Thank you. I appreciate the help. I will be on tomorrow as soon as I can be as I have a generally busy day.

If it stalls, take a picture of the screen where it stops and post a copy here. We may need to tweak the CLOVER folders contents, so don't worry if it does kernel panic.

It did indeed panic so here is where the process stopped. I've just shut down my PC and will continue when you get back to me.

IMG_6301.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.8 KB · Views: 41
@pastrychef The OP is using CLOVER bootloader not OpenCore. The config.plist you provided won't work with his setup. Are you sure that you posted this in the correct thread?

@SnaccPacc I have made a couple of small changes to the CLOVER folder attached. Try this on the USB pen drive in place of the previous folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
@Edhawk What's the quickest way to replace the old CLOVER folder with CLOVER 2? Do I need to remount the EFI to the USB again? When I plug it in I get a single partition containing 3 folders.

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 10.23.20 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back