Contribute
Register

Corrupted MacOS disks, "Secure Boot Violation". Requesting help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx

Try the Sierra drive and use the space bar at the clover screen. Scroll down and select slide=o and verbose options then try booting again.

IMG-6766.jpg

IMG-6768.jpg
(What comes up by defailt)

IMG-6769.jpg
Instruction followed re: slide=0

Result:
IMG-6770.jpg

On retry:
IMG-6771.jpg

Note that when I boot into Clover, as there is no shut down option, when I select
exit Clover, the machine crashes every time ie screen black, computer stuck on "Ad":

Ad.jpg

I took a look at the End Randomseed thread - this is too general for me to make head or tail of how to utilise this term for solving my problem. With the Clover Configurator, I am wary of installing (or re-installing?) because Clover was working before, it's already installed, it worked. I have made NO changes to my EFI partitions. None. Have not touched them. It's only since I used Windows to run True Image that everything has turned upsidedown, and ever since following the steps I was advised to above re: Secure Boot Violation, Clover only comes up after I perform the "Other OS" process twice in a row - and then when it comes up, its aspect ratio is weird, indicating a new thing has gone wrong. I am so confused here. I do thank you for trying to help.

Last edited:
Brief update, I'm back in, builder talked through some stuff today which has got my back into each OS - will report some specifics back asap, as this could be helpful for others. Then I will start process of Mojave reinstall in first instance to address "corruption" issues and start process of elimination.

Ok - at last updating with what on earth happened. Further background - The Sierra OS SSD of my Hackintosh also has a Windows 10 partition. I have since learned that this is not best practice. Booting into Windows upset the entire BIOS profile and this is what needed rejigging. The builder talked me through redoing all of the required settings, which have since been saved and backed up. The strange Clover aspect ratio of course was simple setting fix. Various settings under tools and boot required fixing. From there, I was able to boot right back into Clover and could access both OS again.

The corruptions which disk utility picked up in Mojave were resolved by a clean reinstall of Mojave, using the EFI component which was built for me. This is with the exception of a code 8 error:

"Storage system check exit code is 8
Storage system verify or repair failed"

I am told that this is common in Hackintosh builds, and am not concerned about it... I hope I am not simply being ignorant of something more serious!

The corruptions in Sierra I hope to resolve similarly, but I may dispense with Sierra altogether at this stage. It seems like an absolute nightmare to get running smoothly on a Hackintosh. In any case, I am going to wipe Sierra / Windows SSD and reinstall Windows onto a separate SSD - permanently - so it is not on the same drive as a macOS install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back