Contribute
Register

Corrupted Bios after multibeast install ML GA Z77X-UP5 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!!! ok - i managed to get it working using my TV as a monitor through the HDMI - Oh well, i have 2 motherboards now if anyone wants one! Ok i think i will start by upgrading the BIOS and then beginning from scratch!

Thanks for the Heads up about that!!

I will follow Alfas Guide again and hopefully it will see it through.

Fingers Crossed!!

Success! You're all amazing.

Hey guys, sorry for all the posts.

So i have a system that's working well - booting fine to my TV. Multibeast - no problem - only issue no is no sound. I made sure i selected the right setting in Multibeast. Is there anything else i can do?

I'm very relieved to have a system that's doing well with Geekbench score of 12800 - just need to iron out this kink.

I've looked around on the forum to find a related thread but wasn't able to locate anything. If anyone can point me to the right thread that would be great.

Cheers!

Hey guys, sorry for all the posts.

So i have a system that's working well - booting fine to my TV. Multibeast - no problem - only issue no is no sound. I made sure i selected the right setting in Multibeast. Is there anything else i can do?

I'm very relieved to have a system that's doing well with Geekbench score of 12800 - just need to iron out this kink.

I've looked around on the forum to find a related thread but wasn't able to locate anything. If anyone can point me to the right thread that would be great.

Cheers!

Easy, just re-run Multibeast, select Without DSDT > Realtek ALC898 install it, quit MB then run Disk Utility > Repair Permissions on your main drive.

YES!!! ok - i managed to get it working using my TV as a monitor through the HDMI - Oh well, i have 2 motherboards now if anyone wants one! Ok i think i will start by upgrading the BIOS and then beginning from scratch!

Thanks for the Heads up about that!!

I will follow Alfas Guide again and hopefully it will see it through.

Fingers Crossed!!

Glad to here!! Now that you have it working, try your ACD again, you probably won't see the UEFI, but it should boot into OS X.

Easy, just re-run Multibeast, select Without DSDT > Realtek ALC898 install it, quit MB then run Disk Utility > Repair Permissions on your main drive.

Thanks Middleman - that seesm to have done the trick - TV won't pick up the audio, but when i switch the jack and plugged headphones in it worked fine. Back to TV nothing. So the issue is weirdly with the television not the audio driver.

Great thanks so much!:thumbup:

Glad to here!! Now that you have it working, try your ACD again, you probably won't see the UEFI, but it should boot into OS X.

Haha - alas no Bimmer - funny thing when connected to my ACD no go. PLugged it into the DVI port on the GPU and got to Chimera and the apple logo - then black screen.

Switch it to the on board DVI port and just black screen from the outset.

Maybe it's time to get a different display? Shame to have to lose this one... lol.

But i know the machine is working - thats the good thing. Haven't tried installing the wifi cards, drives and perpherals yet...

HDMI through audio is functional, but requires a DSDT edit.

Two guides that explain the process can be located here,

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/84936-easy-guide-ml-hdmi-audio-hd4000-7-series-mb-6.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-58.html

It's a lengthy process but in the end it's worth the time invested.

Thanks matamoska - i will attempt it after i iron out all the other kinks. it's good to know its possible. :)

Ah dang. Back to my tv - no go either. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back