Contribute
Register

Corrupted Bios after multibeast install ML GA Z77X-UP5 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha - alas no Bimmer - funny thing when connected to my ACD no go. PLugged it into the DVI port on the GPU and got to Chimera and the apple logo - then black screen.

Switch it to the on board DVI port and just black screen from the outset.

Maybe it's time to get a different display? Shame to have to lose this one... lol.

But i know the machine is working - thats the good thing. Haven't tried installing the wifi cards, drives and perpherals yet...

Did you try to boot with PCIRootUID=0? and add this to your boot.plist, just change the resolution to what ever your ACD is.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>

Did you try to boot with PCIRootUID=0?

Yeah - no go. Black screen after apple logo on both displays - gonna try a fresh install again. I tried to flash bios but got some error incorrect file size thing.

meh... what a ride.

Yeah - no go. Black screen after apple logo on both displays - gonna try a fresh install again. I tried to flash bios but got some error incorrect file size thing.

meh... what a ride.

I'm guessing you tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No?

I'm guessing you tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No?

Correct. Nothing. I guess plugging it back into my ACD must have corrupted something. Very strange..

Correct. Nothing. I guess plugging it back into my ACD must have corrupted something. Very strange..

it is, I guess use your TV for now. If you do decide on a new monitor, I recommend the LED Cinema Display, not the Thunderbolt. Mine works UEFI, I'm just using a DP to mDP adaptor, works great, if you decide to go that route.

yeah gonna try a new monitor. the other one has been giving me trouble for ages... Thanks for the heads up. :)

What was your exact process of installation with the graphics card and multibeast? I'm having very similar problems with the same build (GTX 660 though) and I cannot get it to detect my GPU. Computer works fine with the MOBO video out but no dice with GPU.

GraphicsEnabler=No didn't help and when I DO enable that setting I cannot access the BIOS (it flashes the screen and keeps on moving no matter how much button mashing I do). :cry:

What was your exact process of installation with the graphics card and multibeast? I'm having very similar problems with the same build (GTX 660 though) and I cannot get it to detect my GPU. Computer works fine with the MOBO video out but no dice with GPU.

GraphicsEnabler=No didn't help and when I DO enable that setting I cannot access the BIOS (it flashes the screen and keeps on moving no matter how much button mashing I do). :cry:

I got everything working by taking out the graphics card first. installing Multibeast with just the mobo - and then plugging in the GPU.

In the bios i set the graphics to "Auto", mobo enabled and 32RAM. Installed multibeast and added the gpu kexts. completed installation, and THEN added the graphics card.

Now it works fine and seems pretty stable - although periodically the BIOS likes to reset the graphics back to IGFX instead of Auto giving me a kernel panick once a week. But other than that it works great.

Hoe this helps?

Which kexts did you install?

I did everything you did and I'm still stuck with no GPU. I totally relate to how you feel about throwing this thing out the window... :banghead:

Very minimal kexts, just the basics. i followed MIDDLEMAN's Advice here:

I'd advise you to update your BIOS first to F11 and change your BIOS settings:

Init Display First AUTO
Primary PEG AUTO
Internal Graphics Enabled
Internal Graphics Memory Size 64MB
DVMT Total Memory Size MAX
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Disabled
AHCI On
2nd Marvell Controller Off
Legacy USB Support Enabled
USB 3.0 = Enabled
XHCI Handoff Enabled
EHCI Handoff Enabled
Intel Virtualisation Enabled
VT-d Disabled
High Precision Event Timer On
EFI BIOS Priority

For Multibeast select the following:

USERDSDT
Audio > Without DSDT Realtek ALC 898 Audio
Network > Hnak's Intel1000ESD Network driver
Graphics > Nvidia Fermi OpenGL (for GTX670 or 6xx Kepler cards)

Before you finish you also need to install the Nvidia graphics drivers here>http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-...02-driver.html

and then change your org.chameleon.Boot.plist in /Extras folder in your main hard drive to the one below. To open the file, right-click the chameleon boot plist file and then select Open With > Textedit and replacing your lines with the ones below. Just save it afterwards:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

When that is finished do a permissions repair with Disk Utility. Just go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility. Highlight your drive and select Repair Permissions. Then quit and reboot the system. When you finish your system should be fully functional. If you got problems you can always boot in with -v -x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back