Contribute
Register

Corrupted Bios after multibeast install ML GA Z77X-UP5 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cs lewis the processor is seated ok. I'm hoping i don't need to replace the MOB, but they are reported to be very stable - especially with the dual bios chips. I wonder how i can switch to the backup bios.

I am going to check with a different monitor to see if it is a monitor output issue.

I'll report back.

CoolerUk,

Have you tried downloading and running Memtest86+? It is possible you could have faulty RAM and/or CPU & motherboard.

Also do you use any power-surge protection in your power supply? It could be unclean electricity or extra static somehow getting into your system that is causing such disruption. As it happens I've had to replace my Z77X-UP5-TH recently precisely of a power issue (it could not boot up). The board had somehow fried (I suspect by some dirt in our power supply) so it is quite possible that could happen to your board and/or equipment.

CoolerUk,

Have you tried downloading and running Memtest86+? It is possible you could have faulty RAM and/or CPU & motherboard.

Also do you use any power-surge protection in your power supply? It could be unclean electricity or extra static somehow getting into your system that is causing such disruption. As it happens I've had to replace my Z77X-UP5-TH recently precisely of a power issue (it could not boot up). The board had somehow fried (I suspect by some dirt in our power supply) so it is quite possible that could happen to your board and/or equipment.

Hi Middleman.

No i haven't tried Memtest - i will do it now. I did use an antistatic wrist band when assembling the machine. A PC repair mate of mine said it was likely that that motherboard had gone. Especially after i had taken the battery out and replaceed it and the bios was still not functioning properly... I can't imagine what fried it.. i definitely want to rule out anything else before having to replace the board.

So I'll try memtest first and see what happens.

Thanks for that.

Hi Guys i really really could do with some help here. I just cannot get my build to work at all. I even bought a NEW motherboard because i thought the old one had corrupted.

When i installed the new motherboard i (thankfully) got to a bios screen that i could see. I set up the BIOS EXACTLY as per Alfa's Guide Here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...rbolt-updated-10-8-2-multibeast-5-2-a-22.html

Once i rebooted i couldn't use the monitor in the graphics card, so i plugged it into the opn board graphics and got the same BIOS screen i had before with the VGA and graphics all pixelated. This leads me to believe that a setting in the bios in doing this. So now my graphics card is out...

Anyway, i was still able to boot into the Hard Drive on the old Mountain Lion install, however with a very low screen resolution for my Apple cinema display, but i thought i'd continue despite not being able to adjust bios... I then followed EXACTLY ALFA'S GUIDE. (Incidentally i have a EVGA gtx 570 so not sure whether all that patching was necessary for me but i did it anyway) I installed the mountain lion supplemental and rebooted.

Hanging on the apple logo after reboot, and cannot access my bios.

I pushed the reset cmos button and now the machine just doesn't even boot. So i have powered everything down drained the power from the board and taken out the battery (on the second motherboard now). Haven't put it back in yet, i need time to cool down lol...:banghead:

I feel totally f***ing jinxed with this build. Now i don't know where to start or what to do. Right now i feel like throwing the whole lot out of the window.

Really need some advice. Bios if F11.

Exact components: UP5 TH, Evga GTx570, 32GB Corsair Vengeance, Sandisk 120GB SSD.

Really hope some one in this community can guide me through this, i've spent all my savings on this MotherF***r, and i'll be danged if i don't get the thing working. lol

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20130124_073738.jpg
    20130124_073738.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 102
I'm downloading the BIOS F12e and gonna see if i can find a way to get in and flash the damned thing.

I'm downloading the BIOS F12e and gonna see if i can find a way to get in and flash the damned thing.

Is that an Cinema Display with DVI? I heard they have problems displaying UEFI properly. Do you have another monitor to try?

Is that an Cinema Display with DVI? I heard they have problems displaying UEFI properly. Do you have another monitor to try?

Yes it is. Ill borrow a monitor tomorrow and see if that helps. Good to know that could be the root of the problem...

Hi, don't give up yet!, The backup bios on Gigabyte UP 5Th Motherboard is located to the left of the GSTATA[8] Port. I too encountered similar obstacles during my initial startup of the machine, ex. Graphic/Bios not showing, and the best solution that was effective was powering off the machine, resetting the CMOS and alternatively connecting the entire computer to a different TV/Monitor. Whence connected, I was greeted by the Bios and swiftly entered to change the settings. It's crucial that you establish the correct settings as they are vital to the bootup procedures and the overall dependability of the machine. I don't believe your jinxed, it's just that the procedure is very methodical and one wrong setting basically threatens the stability of the machine.

Hi, don't give up yet!, The backup bios on Gigabyte UP 5Th Motherboard is located to the left of the GSTATA[8] Port. I too encountered similar obstacles during my initial startup of the machine, ex. Graphic/Bios not showing, and the best solution that was effective was powering off the machine, resetting the CMOS and alternatively connecting the entire computer to a different TV/Monitor. Whence connected, I was greeted by the Bios and swiftly entered to change the settings. It's crucial that you establish the correct settings as they are vital to the bootup procedures and the overall dependability of the machine. I don't believe your jinxed, it's just that the procedure is very methodical and one wrong setting basically threatens the stability of the machine.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

I originally followed the multibeast settings from here: nofilmschool.com/build-a-hackintosh/install-os-x-part-2/ as my components are identical to this build.

First time i tried i got kernel panics. Second time i tried i followed Alfas hack guide and got here...

If i get to the bios on the new monitor should i flash bios to 12 before i begin? Now im not sure which guide is best for my build. Im just wanting to get the basic rig working first before attempting to get all the peripherals working. I set my bios identically to Alfas guide.

ill start from scratch again tomorrow. I hear these boards are as stable as you can get so im determined not to let the thing beat me... :)

Flashing BIOS to the most recent build is highly recommendable. Alfa's guide was very precise and on point and it too helped me establish a stable machine. As for kernel error, where does it typically reach before it stops loading? Usually a screenshot, if possible, is advantageous as it gives the readers a better understanding of the problem and can help stimulate and formulate solutions. Anyways, kernel error are usually due to caused by, at least from my experience, from updates and switching the System Definition to a unsupported Definition. One prime example was when I was following Alfa's guide and upon completion, installing supplemental Update+MacBook/Air/Pro Update 2.0, I switched my definition to MacPro 5,1 and upon reboot was tormented with a devilish kernel error. Typically, kernel error can be fixed before the system begins to boot through the Terminal. But in order to provide a better solution, a screenshot would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back