Contribute
Register

Core i7 X58 chipset compatability (Gigabyte & Asus Mobo's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58
CPU
Graphics
iGPU
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Found the install guide to be spot on. Could not perform installation using a Gigabyte Mobo which I'm surprised by as I'd understood they're generally regarded as compatible with Hackintosh installs but whether this is a BIOS failing that X58 chipset issue I'm not sure.

Managed to install onto an SSD using an X58 Sabertooth Mobo rig but cannot get the OS to boot.

Any suggestions on what to check for and where I'm possibly going wrong with the install would be appreciated.

I'm a newbie to this therefore apologies should rookie mistakes have been made so to speak.

Thank you.

What is the boot error?

First step: Fill in the details in your profile regarding mobo, firmware version, etc. Keep in mind that some boards have rev 1 and rev 2 versions, which may need different settings if there are slight component differences... and need the correct DSDT files from here to work properly.

Second step: Post your exact installation process here, along with whatever settings you used, including any BIOS changes or images of your BIOS settings.

I think we will better be able to help if you do this.

First step: Fill in the details in your profile regarding mobo, firmware version, etc. Keep in mind that some boards have rev 1 and rev 2 versions, which may need different settings if there are slight component differences... and need the correct DSDT files from here to work properly.

Second step: Post your exact installation process here, along with whatever settings you used, including any BIOS changes or images of your BIOS settings.

I think we will better be able to help if you do this.

Hi, Thank you rabbit74 & justr for your replies (apologies for not spotting the responses).

The revision of the X58-UD3 Motherboard installed is version 1.6 and I've flashed the BIOS to the last version that was posted on the Gigabyte website earlier this-afternoon. The specification of the rig is as follows (Not a high end gaming machine admittedly but still runs reasonably quick IMHO):

GPU: GeForce 8800
CPU: Core i7 920
RAM: 6GB
SSD: 64GB Kingston

The BIOS settings are set to optimal and the SATA controller is set to AHCI. CPU Virtualisation is switched off too.

The error messages that I'm getting basically suggest that package files cannot be extracted (from memory. The exact error might say something different).

There were no error messages prior to the BIOS being upgraded. The rig would constantly reboot and not even try to boot from the Unibeast USB Stick.

Yosemite is running great on a Sabertooth X58 and I'd really like to get the OS installed onto my X58-UD3 rig (providing this is possible) therefore would appreciate your comments.

Edit:

Wanted to post onto here that I've managed to install Yosemite via Unibeast but cannot get the onboard Sound-card recognised unfortunately. Understand is an AC888.
Also finding choosing some of the GPU resolution settings results in a 'fuzzy-screen'. Rebooting unfortunately does not clear this. At a guess there are some commands that can be entered into terminal to restore to default settings. Can anyone advise how to go about this please? Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back