Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Anyone know if the RME HDSPe AIO interface will work with ivy bridge? I have my parts on order for my customac pro with GA-Z77X-UD5H and hoping to build next week.. Currently using m-audio fast track ultra usb interface with my mbp, which I presume will be compatible, but it'd be good to get the full benefit of PCIe for latency.

The card gets a mention a couple of times but not clear to me if it'd work on this system. Would be useful to know before I order it!

Anyone able to comment?

^ I did another build with Ivy Bridge (3770K + GA-Z77N) which works great with the AIO... It worked fine with Pro Tools in OSX, as well as FL Studio, Adobe Audition & Studio One in Windows 7.

Only thing is that the speakers need to be the last thing powered on & the 1st to be powered off in the studio, as there can be a pop sent to the speakers and/or headphones upon shutdown.

The pop doesn't occur during restarts or switching between OS X and Windows tho so not a big deal!

...Lastly this pop issue might not even be the case with your mobo / power supply combo...

Is anyone running an Akai EIE Pro?

It's fairly new from what i'm aware but it seems to have good capability within my budget.

http://www.akaipro.com/eieio

Wow - didn't know they were in the audio interface business now. Has a very "retro/cool" vibe to it! BUT...

My only concern would be how long of a life this device will have, given that inMusic Group, who is the parent company of AKAI Professional, just acquired M-Audio from AVID. A part of me would wait (if you're not in a hurry) to see how that new partnership all shakes out. Since M-Audio has been in the computer/audio interface business for a VERY long time - and with a huge install base - (but for AKAI Professional group, a relatively new endeavor), I would want to make sure that whatever device I would buy continues to be supported with updated drivers, firmware, etc.

From what I can tell, the EIE Pro runs anywhere from $200-225US (not to be confused with the non-Pro version which seems to be about $50-75US cheaper). You can find some nice things from MOTU, Focusrite, PreSonus, and M-Audio for a similar price point. Maybe not as many XLR inputs as the EIE Pro model, but these are all companies who have been around for YEARS and doing it up BIG for YEARS.

Just my $0.02...

hey guys :headbang:
I wonder if someone knows how's the relationship between Edirol FA-66 and ML?
I've searched for answers throughout the forum and I found only about his brothers, but nothing specifically about the FA-66.

It suppose to be a P&P audio interface that relays on the Ti FW basic driver.
but since I'm newbie in this field and I'm in the middle of the buying process I'm trying to be as careful as a can be.

thanks in advance :)

Why would you want to buy a device that is no longer in production and support would be sketchy at best?? There are plenty of similarly priced devices from M-Audio and Focusrite that would give you equal if not better quality and are fully supported in ML. if you're still in the buying process, keep shopping if possible.

Why would you want to buy a device that is no longer in production and support would be sketchy at best?? There are plenty of similarly priced devices from M-Audio and Focusrite that would give you equal if not better quality and are fully supported in ML. if you're still in the buying process, keep shopping if possible.

bought it already, I own it almost a year.
a year ago I didn't know that I'm going to build an hackintosh.
so the only solution is to sell this one and to buy a new one? :crazy:

just got for free a RME Hammerfall DIGI9636/52 pci card. i know its old but does anyone know if it would work?

just got for free a RME Hammerfall DIGI9636/52 pci card. i know its old but does anyone know if it would work?

Im afraid to say, no it won't work. There isn't compatible drivers available for it.

bought it already, I own it almost a year.
a year ago I didn't know that I'm going to build an hackintosh.
so the only solution is to sell this one and to buy a new one? :crazy:

Oh - gotcha. Next time you should clarify when you say "...I'm in the middle of the buying process" - I assumed you were talking about in the process of buying the audio interface, since you posted in the audio interfaces thread. Evidently you meant that you were in the middle of the buying process for your CustoMac hardware. Big difference. If you're a newbie at all this & are asking for assistance, please take care to be as specific as you can in your requests. And when someone takes time to provide you feedback and advice on your problem, it doesn't bode well to be a smarta$$ in your reply.

FWIW, it's basically a class-compliant FW audio interface, so in theory it should work under ML. I did a quick Google search & it yielded this link to information on ML compatibility and your interface. Unless Edirol did some non-standard implementation of the CoreAudio and FW specifications to get it to work, it should work OK well beyond ML.

Back