Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Propellerhead Balance, check.
Yamaha n8, check. Put it next to n12 already in the list.
ESI GigaPort HD. Works on every OS, plug&play all class-compliant USB audio device.

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

Hi Guys

Just want to report

M-Audio Mobile Pre with pro tools 8 XVX works Perfectly

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys

Just want to report

M-Audio Mobile Pre 2nd gen with pro tools 8 XVX works Perfectly

OK Guys,

So I have a hackintosh with the specs in my signature.

I am running 2 2408MKII with a pcie-424 card.

It does work but I get random faint clicks and pops. Its almost like a clocking issue. I have tried the card in both pcie slots but it still has the artifacts. Doesn't matter what port it is in on the 424 or if I use the 2nd 2408MKII.

I thought that the card might be bad so I took it to work and installed it on a PC. It worked flawlessly. No faint artifacts or clicks. I used the same sound files and played them through iTunes, quicktime even played the same youtube FB vids with out any issues.

Tonight I put the card back in my hackintosh and the clicks were back again. However now that I am listening to itunes and typing this I don't hear any, but I am sure they will come back as they always do.

Its seems to be a conflict with the driver and something else. Like I said before it sounds like a clocking issue when two interfaces are out of sync on different clocks.

Any ideas,

Should I remove all apple audio kexts?

I am going to look into adding Nullcpupowermanagament. kext

or delete

AppleHPET.kext

Any idea?

I also tried it on another ML drive and had the same artifact results.

-Scott

MAybe time for a fresh install with out any apple audio and just the MOTU drivers.

PS. Its been 2hrs now listening on itunes and not a single click or pop or artifact. Weirdest thing. I had it when i first turned the machine on but now they are gone. What the heck?

Hi Guys,

Well I was doing some more research and development this weekend, hahahaha. I did a fresh install of ML with multi beast 5.4.1 and then another clean install with Multibeast 5.4.3 and on both i just loaded the network and disk kext and DSDT free. Both fresh installs had artifacts in the sound at random points.

I then wiped the drive again and installed windows 7. Once i got that up and running i downloaded the motu drivers and had the same artifacts again.

These artifacts are random and come and go as they please. They are not really loud but I know they are there.

Anyways I have come to the conclusion that my MOBO (GA-B75M-D3H) is just NOT compatible with the MOTU pcie-424 card and a 2408mkII.

So i am in the hunt for a new MOBO that will hopefully have no issues. So I have to do more research.

I did try the pcie-424 card on a pc at work with no issues, even after a couple of restarts and what not.

Thanks
-Scott

So tonight I went into the bio and changed my CPU/PCIe base clock setting to read 100MHZ instead of AUTO.

Even though the auto had it at 100MHZ I went ahead and move it from the auto setting to read 100mhz, we shale see how this works out.

I'll try it tomorrow on a cold start, right now seems ok no artifacts. But then again the are so random who nows when they could pop up.

I can definitely confirm that the PCIE-424 card has artifacts / clicks / pops with a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3h.

I have tried every and any setting I could do. Fresh installs, I even loaded Windows up and it did the same thing.

I do not recommend the MOTU PCIE-424 card with this MOBO, I have also read else in a few blogs / forums where the gigabyte MOBOS often than not don't work correctly with the MOTU PCIE-424.

Anyone up for some recommendations on which m-atx boards might work well with the MOTU stuff and have easy setups for getting mountain lion up and running? I will have to go though this list again i guess.

I hope this helps someone else out.

-Scott

I'm running 10.8.2 and have a Motu 8pre. I had to install the Nullcpupowermanagement kext, otherwise I get audio pops during playback in Logic. With the kext it works flawlessly.

Hello,
Was just wondering if you thought that if I installed the Nullcpupowermanagement kext into my system it would help with pops and clicks I am getting with my pcie-424 card and my 2408mkII from MOTU.

Other than these random little artifacts in the audio the machine runs great I just don't know why the audio is such a problem, I have tried everything. let me know what you think.

Thanks
-Scott

Hey guys, i just wanna let u know that Mackie Onyx Blackjack audio interface works on my Ivy bridge machine (GA-Z77X-UD5H, running 10.8.4).

However, it only works on the USB2.0. When plugged to USB3.0 ports, OSX detects it, but there's no input/output signal. Hope it helps :)

some problems with firewire soundcards might be because of the firewire chip in use.
i had severe problems with my presonus firebox until i bought a new firewire card (with texas instruments chipset) on it.

solved my problems atleast.

Back