Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270 IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Asus GTX 980ti STRIX
Computer won't boot Chimera drive first (SOLVED)

Hi Guys,

I'll try to put this as simply as I can.
I have two SSD' (OSX on one and Windows 7 on the other)
I have a third HDD for storage.
A couple days ago I screwed up my Registry settings in Windows and had to re-install the OS onto the SSD.

My problem is now for some reason my computer won't let me boot my OSX drive first to start Chimera.
When I go into Boot Priority in my Bios (Gigabit Z77-UD5H UEFI F7 Bios) my OSX drive has UEFI before it, and I read somewhere on here that it won't boot first if it says that before the name.
Note: When I start my computer and hit F12 I can force my OSX drive to boot first because it doesn't have UEFI before the name on that list; and then Chimera loads and it works.

There might be an easy fix for this, but I'm still learning. If anyone has any tips I'd GREATLY appreciate the help.

Thanks!

EDIT: SOLVED

Ahhh Just figured it out.

Made a NOOB mistake but I'll leave this thread up in case there are any other noobs out there.
I was trying to change the "Boot Option Priorities" when I should have been changing the "Hard Drive BBS Priorities" just below it.

Workin now. Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'll try to put this as simply as I can.
I have two SSD' (OSX on one and Windows 7 on the other)
I have a third HDD for storage.
A couple days ago I screwed up my Registry settings in Windows and had to re-install the OS onto the SSD.

My problem is now for some reason my computer won't let me boot my OSX drive first to start Chimera.
When I go into Boot Priority in my Bios (Gigabit Z77-UD5H UEFI F7 Bios) my OSX drive has UEFI before it, and I read somewhere on here that it won't boot first if it says that before the name.
Note: When I start my computer and hit F12 I can force my OSX drive to boot first because it doesn't have UEFI before the name on that list; and then Chimera loads and it works.

There might be an easy fix for this, but I'm still learning. If anyone has any tips I'd GREATLY appreciate the help.

Thanks!

You probably installed Windows in UEFI mode. Disable UEFI and re-install Windows, so you're sure to get it in legacy boot mode.

I have to reinstall Windows again?! How do I disable UEFI?

BIOS setting... read your motherboard manual. I'm only guessing with the information you provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back