Contribute
Register

Complete custom built computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So recently, me and my husband built our own computer and were not originally intending to install Mac OS on it. Though he previously owned a mac and often misses it so im seeking advice on whether or not our custom computer will work for a hackintosh. This would also be our first time doing a hackintosh.

Below is a quick summary of the components. Any ideas? If more information is required please let me know!

OH! and THANK YOU!

View attachment CJRP.txt

Info is also attached in a convenient txt file.

Summary
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz 28 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-G45 GAMING (MS-7821) (SOCKET 0) 29 °C
Graphics
2367 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2367 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (NVIDIA) 31 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA) 26 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST i
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

CPU
Intel Core i5 4670K
Cores 4
Threads 4
Name Intel Core i5 4670K
Code Name Haswell
Package Socket 1150 LGA
Technology 22nm
Specification Intel Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

RAM
Memory slots
Total memory slots 4
Used memory slots 2
Free memory slots 2
Memory
Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 800.1 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 24 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Physical Memory
Memory Usage 32 %
Total Physical 7.95 GB
Available Physical 5.40 GB
Total Virtual 9.20 GB
Available Virtual 6.20 GB

Motherboard
Manufacturer MSI
Model Z87-G45 GAMING (MS-7821) (SOCKET 0)
Version 1.0
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Haswell
Chipset Revision 06
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model Z87
Southbridge Revision C2
System Temperature 29 °C
BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version V1.6
Date 12/2/2013
Voltage
CPU CORE 3.344 V
VCCIN 3.344 V

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Model GeForce GTX 770
Device ID 10DE-1184
Revision A2
Subvendor NVIDIA (10DE)
Current Performance Level Level 0
Voltage 0.837 V
Technology 28 nm
Bus Interface PCI Express x16
Temperature 31 °C
Driver version 9.18.13.3182
BIOS Version 80.04.b4.00.01
Physical Memory 2047 MB
Virtual Memory 2048 MB

Storage
Hard drives
ST1000DM003-1CH162
Manufacturer Seagate
Heads 16
Cylinders 121,601
Tracks 31,008,255
Sectors 1,953,520,065
SATA type SATA-III 6.0Gb/s
Device type Fixed
ATA Standard ACS2

Audio
Sound Cards
Logitech G430 Gaming Headset
Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Playback Devices
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers (Logitech G430 Gaming Headset)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (default)
Recording Device
Microphone (Logitech G430 Gaming Headset)

Network
Connected through Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

Generated with Speccy v1.24.632

Okay, so we were successful in installing mac os mavericks on the computer.

So currently, everything is working except network (which i've read that it will never work with my motherboard). I've also read that a fix to this is to use a WiFi adapter (any recommendations?).

So the current setup is I have two harddrives (one with windows 8.1 and the other with mac mavericks).

My main issue currently is that i cannot choose between the two when i boot by default. It will boot into windows automatically. The only way i can get back into mac is if i plug in my usb with chamara bootloader on it.

Even when i try to go into my bios or open boot options at boot it doesnt work when i select the correct harddrive. Regardless which hard drive i select i get windows.

I've done multibeast to install a bootloader but i dont think its working properly.

Please help!

Install a bootloader like Clover or Chameleon on a USB drive and have your PC always boot from that. Also, the TPLink PCI-E 1X wifi adapters are known to work right out of the box. :) I'm getting into hackintosh as well! I still need to buy all the parts.

I was hoping to avoid the usb boot every time. But oh well, gotta do what you gotta do. Also, I noticed this card is via Ethernet (which is great - more stability) but my motherboard has a "Killer" Ethernet port on it for when we game on windows. Can i have both plugged in or do i have to swap the cable every time we want to use the killer port?

Oh and good luck with the hackintosh! It is fun but challenging. I would definitively recommend following one of the builds provided. We weren't intending to do a mac lol.

Do you have a list of other PCI cards that work out of the box. Im looking to be able to go buy one in store today (either bestbuy or tigerdirect) vs ordering online.

I honestly don't know about your ethernet issue, but for the WiFi adapter, this one is on the TonyMacX86 build section.

Link: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

Also, TigerDirect has a store? I had no idea! I only have MicroCenter, but I always get my stuff online on NewEgg or Amazon Prime. Also, thank you, and I hope you get your Hackintosh working! :) I'm already using a GTX 760 on my current budget gaming Rig, but I'm building a much more powerful machine that will also triple boot, so already having a $300 card, well, saves me $300! Until I need to put in a second one to SLI with once performance starts to go down on upcoming games. This will be my first one! I did attempt to run Snow Leopard on an old Acer Aspire One a couple years back but network refused to work and I ended up breaking the OS just because I tried to update iTunes, and it's impossible to install OS X on my HP Pavilion laptop. So I decided to give a custom build a try. :p

Yep they have two were i live. I was surprised when i first saw it. Never heard of MicroCenter. I think i will skip the actual pci wifi card and just go with something that is USB (any recommended usb adapter - i read that the WG111v2 by neatgear is working after the driver install). Hoping for one more "straight out of the box."

This was my first time doing a hackintosh so it was cool. Always read about it but i've always had a laptop for school until now.

I've not attempted to update anything yet - im afraid to honestly lol. Dont want to break the system.

Lemme know how your hackintosh comes out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back