Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 FTW 4 GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, this is my first ever computer I am going to build. I would like to know if it is compatible to run a dual boot operating system with Windows and Mac OS. Please tell me if I should change anything, too.

Processor: i7 4790K (How much do you think I would be able to overclock?)
CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: Gigabyte z97 UD5H Black
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 - 1866
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX GeForce 960 ftw 4gb
Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Evo 250 gb (for os and some applications)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2 tb hard drive
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650 Watt
Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition
Monitor: AOC i2367fh

Hi, this is my first ever computer I am going to build. I would like to know if it is compatible to run a dual boot operating system with Windows and Mac OS. Please tell me if I should change anything, too.

Processor: i7 4790K (How much do you think I would be able to overclock?)
CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: Gigabyte z97 UD5H Black
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 - 1866
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX GeForce 960 ftw 4gb
Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Evo 250 gb (for os and some applications)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2 tb hard drive
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650 Watt
Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition
Monitor: AOC i2367fh

Yes, it will work with no problems. See the many examples with the exact same hardware in
the User Builds Section of the forum. Just put Z97X-UD5H and I7-4790K into search and read
the numerous user builds that come up. You can overclock the 4790K up to 4.6, 4.7 GHz but
I'm not sure that I would push it that hard when it's got turbo boost up to 4.5. If you would
try that for an extended amount of time I don't think the 212 EVO would do the job.

Thank you for the reply! How much do you think I will be able to overclock with the hyper 212 Evo and do because I don't need too much of an overclock. Also, what temperature is good for the cpu because I think when I overclock I will just increase .1 ghz at a time and then run some tests and check cpu temp until it is too high or it crashes?​

Thank you for the reply! How much do you think I will be able to overclock with the hyper 212 Evo and do because I don't need too much of an overclock. Also, what temperature is good for the cpu because I think when I overclock I will just increase .1 ghz at a time and then run some tests and check cpu temp until it is too high or it crashes?​

Before you do any overclock just use it for what you normally do. If it's fast enough at the
stock 4.0 GHz turbo to 4.4 GHz why even overclock it at all ? Contrary to popular belief 99%
of the time there's no need to overclock. Most people just like to play around with it for a kind
of thrill seeking entertainment. I've even heard of professional overclockers that compete for
titles. I'm not sure if that accomplishes anything of value other than wasting a lot of electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back