Contribute
Register

Compatability with 10th Gen Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Macbook Pro refresh with Ice Lake just announced. Guess Comet Lake wont be of much use in the future.

I wouldn't rule it out for the next 15". Doubt they'll want to use ice lake there as they seem to max out at 4 cores.

New versions of Whatevergreen and Lilu released today too. Can't be too long before someone get's Ice lake working..

Update: I have finally been able to install catalina on an i5-based HP 14-DQ1033CL (the costco version with the 1035g4).

I ran into wifi card hell and discovered this HP board apparently won't work with many other m.2 wifi cards at all (windows or macos), probably due to needing to mask the power pins off on the wifi cards--though I haven't tested that yet. I was eventually able to get catalina to install by using a usb hardwired ethernet adapter.

I started from the config.plist in noodles79's EFI, used Clover r5114, but updated the SMBIOS to MacbookAir 9,1 using CC4. I had to keep spoofing the graphics setting the fake intelGFX id and ig-platform-id to 0x8A5A0009, which worked for me. Same basic kexts, updated to the latest versions as of Saturday.

Still no metal, 7mb video ram, and graphics exhibit tearing in Safari tabs.

VoodooI2C kexts are not loading on boot, so no trackpad at all yet. I stripped VoodooPS2 down to the keyboard kext only and it works.

Still lots of ACPI and other cleanup to do. Will try the today's Lilu and WEG, as well as stripping down the config.plist as far as I can.

AirHW.png

AirGraphics.jpg

Thanks for sharing your EFI. I was able to try booting my HP 14-DQ1033CL (with 1035g4) on it.

I modified the config.plist and the kexts a bit, and I've made it as far as the installation prompt but then the installer complains about not being connected to the internet. Since I have no working trackpad and a USB mouse to run in addition to the USB boot drive, I have zero of the two usb 3 ports left and no room for my usb wifi dongle. Fortunately I have a compatible m.2 wifi/bt card to physically install and will report back later.

I can share that I was able to update to Macbook 9,1 SMB data and then change the fake intelGFX id and ig-platform-id to 0x8A5A0009, which should be correct for the Ice Lake GPU (your config.plist was using the identifier for the Kaby Lake Intel 610HD). Booted fine into the graphical installer with this string, and the correct id might help you enable metal in a working installation...

Note that I was not able to remove those fake identifiers and other injected GPU fixes/patches and then get Lilu and Whatevergreen to id the graphics card properly as per manual, not even with the appropriate device properties set and/or with adding the boot flag of lilucpu=12 (for 10th gen chips). Like you, it gave a kernel panic. Not sure why yet.

Hey, can you please post your EFI. I don't seem to see it. I'm running a 15 1035g4

Hi yes i am running the same CPU also with the UHD g1 Graphics and a copy of that particular EFI would be helpful.

Hello,
Thanks for your sharing files, related experience and suggestions, but I still can't install mac OS 10.15.4 on my laptop. Do you have any other suggestions?

some information:
laptop: HP zhan 66 pro 14 G3 (86A5), similar to HP ProBook 440 G7
CPU: intel Core i5-10210U (10th gen), Comet Lake, not Ice Lake, but I don't think it is the reason why I can't use your EFI.
GPU: UHD 620 + NV MX250 2GB (disabled)
RAM: 8GB
SSD: 512GB Intel NVME (660P?)
WIFI: Intel wifi6 AX201NGW

I tried the following EFIs:
HP zhan 66 G2 (8265U) https://github.com/chiccheung/HP-Zhan66-Pro14-G2-macOS
lenovo xin air14 (10210U) https://github.com/lietxia/XiaoXinAir14IML_2019_hackintosh
lenovo pro 13 (10210U) https://gitee.com/mqq821/XiaoXinPro-13-2019-hackintosh
HP Envy 13 (10510U, Thanks Killuminati91) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-catalina-on-hp-envy-13-10th-gen-i7-10510u.288280/
HP 15s (1035G4, Thanks noodles79) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/compatability-with-10th-gen-intel.295861/

But none let me work, mainly hangs at + signs, even earlier. Usually these EFIs include memory repair drivers AptioMemoryFix.efi, Osx * FixDrv.efi, OcQuirks.efi, etc.

The only exception is the use of FwRuntimeServices.efi and the addition of MemoryAllocation.efi. delete the boot parameters about the "slide". I can continue to load the Mac kernel, but kernel panic occurs soon.
View attachment 466065

After replacing the VirtualSmc kit with SMCHelper and FakeSMC, there are some minor changes, but kernel panic still occurs.
View attachment 466066

It seems like some problems occurred during the memory allocation phase. This problem appears on some 10th gen CPUs, while others work normally, very strange

Do you have any better suggestions about this?

Thanks in advance!

My dell inspiron 13 7391, i7-10510u, hynix pc601 Nvme 512G, same as yours, stop at "In memory......"

Gonna leave my OC EFI here in case it helps anyone. It boots fine for me, still no GPU acceleration though.

Does anyone know why recent versions of Catalina contain AppleIntelICLLPGraphicsFramebuffer.kext but not AppleIntelICLHPGraphicsFramebuffer.kext?

Why does the HP kext show up in a High Sierra supplemental update, but nowhere else? (This includes the latest 10.15.5 Beta and a recent 10.15.4 update for the new 13" MacBook Pro)

Could this be why Ice lake GPUs don't work? afaik all ICL CPUs prior to the 2020 MacBook Air were the HP variant.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    962 KB · Views: 345
I have been trying ages now to get catalina latest build working on my 10th gen i5 laptop and despite following numerous guides and some very let's say questionable people on discord i still haven't got it too boot or if i do it kernal panics during boot here is my efi if anyone fancies a look or knows how to fix it any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI (2).zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 232
Sparkesj2, I could not get OC boot until i made this changes:
Code:
<key> RebuildAppleMemoryMap </key>
<false />
<key> SetupVirtualMap </key>
<false />
You have duplicated DSDT patches, check everything and leave only the necessary.
look at my EFI. Compare and try to make your own.
I have Dell 5593 with 1035g1, i spent a lot of time to get it work.
Working fine: BT from QCA9377 module, usb ports, battery status, touchpad, keyboard
Not working: wifi QCA9377 module (i use usb TPLink Archer), gpu acceleration, integrated audio (i use an external sound card and BT speakers), brightness control, hdmi port.
The one thing left to fix for me is a gpu. But i tried all fb from WEG manual and no luck.

Attachments

• EFI_1035g1_Dell_5593.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back