Contribute
Register

Compatability with 10th Gen Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting ur EFI here, But my laptop is Samsung GalaxyBook Flex 2020,i7-1065G7+16G LPDDR4X 3733

After using your config file,I can boot into osx(10.15.4) system,but the cpu type is shown as Quad-Core Intel Xeon and
Memory type is recognized as DDR3.iGPU type is Intel Ice Lake GT2 7Mb VRAM,

I think the newest osx system(10.15.5 Beta 1,etc)and clover may make it works normally.

Thanks for sharing your EFI. I was able to try booting my HP 14-DQ1033CL (with 1035g4) on it.

I modified the config.plist and the kexts a bit, and I've made it as far as the installation prompt but then the installer complaints about not being connected to the internet. Since I have no working trackpad and a USB mouse to run in addition to the USB boot drive, I have zero of the two usb 3 ports left and no room for my usb wifi dongle. Fortunately I have a compatible m.2 wifi/bt card to physically install and will report back later.

I can share that I was able to update to Macbook 9,1 SMB data and then change the fake intelGFX id and ig-platform-id to 0x8A5A0009, which should be correct for the Ice Lake GPU (your config.plist was using the identifier for the Kaby Lake Intel 610HD). Booted fine into the graphical installer with this string, and the correct id might help you enable metal in a working installation...

Note that I was not able to remove those fake identifiers and other injected GPU fixes/patches and then get Lilu and Whatevergreen to id the graphics card properly as per manual, not even with the appropriate device properties set and/or with adding the boot flag of lilucpu=12 (for 10th gen chips). Like you, it gave a kernel panic. Not sure why yet.

Great! I'm glad it's helping someone. Looking over the specs of the HP 14-DQ1033CL I think it's essentially the same hardware as mine. So it's not surprising that it would work for you but not others. (My board ID is 86C9)

I've been through a bunch of ICL platform-ids (including 0x8A5A0009) and non seem to work. Tried using patches from Hackintool (which has recently been updated to work with Icelake GPUs) and it always ends in a memory panic.

It seems having "inject Intel" flagged in clover is the key to getting it to boot up, but then no acceleration.

Here's my screen just before the memory panic.

IMG_0664.jpg

After using your config file,I can boot into osx(10.15.4) system,but the cpu type is shown as Quad-Core Intel Xeon and
Memory type is recognized as DDR3.iGPU type is Intel Ice Lake GT2 7Mb VRAM,

This is pretty much where I'm at, system boots but CPU is listed as Xeon, GPU is recognised correctly with 7mb and no acceleration.

Yes, that is right.I have discovered that the newest hackintool added the platform for Ice Lake support, but i did not try every type of platform id, because my clover can not show verbose (-v) details,(-v Arguments has been injected), I am just waiting for ur good news.
btw, my memory is LPDDR4X 3733MHz, may be different memory controller can cause different result.

Otherwise, we need to just wait the new Macbook with i7-1068G7 cpiu, or newest macOS 10.15.5 can solve our problem, just wait :)

I'm going to try the latest beta later today, see if that changes anything.

CeongyeonKhan114514, does the system profile correctly report your CPUs base clock speed? mine says 1.5Ghz, but should be 1.1Ghz. I'm wondering if getting the CPU recognised correctly is the key to a working GPU?

I'm going to try the latest beta later today, see if that changes anything.

CeongyeonKhan114514, does the system profile correctly report your CPUs base clock speed? mine says 1.5Ghz, but should be 1.1Ghz. I'm wondering if getting the CPU recognised correctly is the key to a working GPU?
Yes.all information.of.cpu is correct except model xD,
btw,can you offer me the beta version download link? I cannot find a proper one. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back