Contribute
Register

CloverUEFI not detecting OS X partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty much all the available options I have, HP are silly for how they use their BIOS's.

I've already tried resetting the BIOS but that didn't help at all.

You have something locked... an admin password setup or something...

Impossible, because there's no password set in the BIOS. Most options aren't available because HP_TOOLS partition doesn't exist. It used to when I had Win7 pre-installed on it. I believe I know why it doesn't show the drive.

It seems the drive failed just after installing OS X, I booted Ubuntu from a USB and did a S.M.A.R.T check, and somehow it had over 500 bad sectors.
And it just died too. There is however another problem I'm facing.
You remember my last post? "HP 6560B is a nightmare! D:"
The wireless card I have worked flawlessly in 10.10 with ToledaARPT.kext but does not in 10.11.
So as a test, I'm reinstalling 10.10 and if I fix it, I'll apply the same procedure in 10.11.

Impossible, because there's no password set in the BIOS. Most options aren't available because HP_TOOLS partition doesn't exist. It used to when I had Win7 pre-installed on it. I believe I know why it doesn't show the drive.

It seems the drive failed just after installing OS X, I booted Ubuntu from a USB and did a S.M.A.R.T check, and somehow it had over 500 bad sectors.
And it just died too.

OK. Hardware problem... but you should reset your BIOS to factory settings.

You remember my last post? "HP 6560B is a nightmare! D:"

No.

The wireless card I have worked flawlessly in 10.10 with ToledaARPT.kext but does not in 10.11.
So as a test, I'm reinstalling 10.10 and if I fix it, I'll apply the same procedure in 10.11.

If you follow the guide, your WiFi will work. The ProBook Installer does not use toledaARPT.kext.

I've used PBI and selected all correct options, and it did boot and installed kexts for the WiFi card, but it still would not be detected. I've reset the BIOS and set correct options but no matter what, wireless won't work.

I did install an injector and that did detect that there was a wireless card but it was named "Third-part wireless card" and it would not turn on in System Preferences.

I'm not so sure what's going on.

I've used PBI and selected all correct options, and it did boot and installed kexts for the WiFi card, but it still would not be detected. I've reset the BIOS and set correct options but no matter what, wireless won't work.

I did install an injector and that did detect that there was a wireless card but it was named "Third-part wireless card" and it would not turn on in System Preferences.

I'm not so sure what's going on.

NO additional kexts needed for supported WiFi cards.

--

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Alright, so I've finally gotten OS X to work. I had some trouble, but it's done. I have WiFi, audio, battery, everything works. Including the DSDT.

I am now fully running OS X 10.11 on my HP Prebook 6560b.

Also, I now know why Clover wasn't picking up HDD's after OS X installs.
It's because after OS X installed, it wasn't fully installed. I rebooted into the Clover USB and it automatically continued to install. After that, the "Macintosh HD" partition was found and was bootable.

Alright, so I've finally gotten OS X to work. I had some trouble, but it's done. I have WiFi, audio, battery, everything works. Including the DSDT.

I am now fully running OS X 10.11 on my HP Prebook 6560b.

Also, I now know why Clover wasn't picking up HDD's after OS X installs.
It's because after OS X installed, it wasn't fully installed. I rebooted into the Clover USB and it automatically continued to install. After that, the "Macintosh HD" partition was found and was bootable.

The two phases of installation is completely and clearly documented in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back