Lenovo ThinkPad W520
CPU
i7-2760QM
Graphics
HD 3000 (disabled) + Quadro 1000M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just as the title says; I can boot and install OS X 10.11 (as Clover can detect the USB) - but it cannot detect the OS X partition I installed 10.11 on. It detects my second HDD though which is ext4.

To not screw up my current install of Ubuntu, I replaces my boot HDD with a test HDD I have lying around (which currently has OS X 10.11 on it, but not bootable thanks to Clover)

I've followed this guide.

I've also tried editing the config.plist via Clover Configurator, but to no avail. I did select to scan UEFI+Legacy devices, and still nothing.
I've also reset my BIOS a few times to complete defaults while changing a few relevant options.
I've also replaced "VBoxHfs-64.efi" in the drivers64UEFI folder with "HFSPlus.efi" and still nothing.

I'd appreciate any ideas that could fix this issue.

Here are the specs of the laptop:
Model: HP ProBook 6560b
CPU: Intel Core i5 2520m 2.5GHz
GPU: Intel HD 3000 (no dedicated GPU)
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1066MHz
Display res: 15.6" 1366x768x60
WiFi: Broadcom BCM43224
HDD #1: 160GB (Ubuntu 14.04.3, main drive)
HDD #2: 500GB (Data drive, holds bigger downloads, vm's etc)
HDD #3 320GB (test HDD, not int the laptop at the moment, currently has a fresh OS X 10.11 install on it)

Just as the title says; I can boot and install OS X 10.11 (as Clover can detect the USB) - but it cannot detect the OS X partition I installed 10.11 on. It detects my second HDD though which is ext4.

To not screw up my current install of Ubuntu, I replaces my boot HDD with a test HDD I have lying around (which currently has OS X 10.11 on it, but not bootable thanks to Clover)

I've followed this guide.

I've also tried editing the config.plist via Clover Configurator, but to no avail. I did select to scan UEFI+Legacy devices, and still nothing.
I've also reset my BIOS a few times to complete defaults while changing a few relevant options.
I've also replaced "VBoxHfs-64.efi" in the drivers64UEFI folder with "HFSPlus.efi" and still nothing.

I'd appreciate any ideas that could fix this issue.

Here are the specs of the laptop:
Model: HP ProBook 6560b
CPU: Intel Core i5 2520m 2.5GHz
GPU: Intel HD 3000 (no dedicated GPU)
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1066MHz
Display res: 15.6" 1366x768x60
WiFi: Broadcom BCM43224
HDD #1: 160GB (Ubuntu 14.04.3, main drive)
HDD #2: 500GB (Data drive, holds bigger downloads, vm's etc)
HDD #3 320GB (test HDD, not int the laptop at the moment, currently has a fresh OS X 10.11 install on it)

What step of the guide are you on?
If you used createinstallmedia, make sure you complete both stages of booting to the USB partition.

And make sure you have "fast boot" disabled.

I did use the Terminal to create my boot media. I already knew those steps off my heart; I can make a boot media and install OS X, it's only when it comes to booting the "Macintosh HD" partition I made & installed OS X on, Clover will just refuse to detect it.

And fast boot is disabled by default and cannot be enabled since the HP_TOOLS partition doesn't exist since I'm not running Windows.

At the moment, I'm just testing different commands and plugins to see what happens.

I did use the Terminal to create my boot media. I already knew those steps off my heart; I can make a boot media and install OS X, it's only when it comes to booting the "Macintosh HD" partition I made & installed OS X on, Clover will just refuse to detect it.

And fast boot is disabled by default and cannot be enabled since the HP_TOOLS partition doesn't exist since I'm not running Windows.

At the moment, I'm just testing different commands and plugins to see what happens.

No HP_TOOLS partition required to make BIOS settings. Reset BIOS to defaults, then insure they are set as per guide.

Then follow guide as written.

I've tried but still to no avail. I've tried both legacy and UEFI mode and its exactly the same.

Post EFI/Clover folder. Show photo of your Clover bootloader screen.

Double-check your "fast boot" setting.

Here's the EFI folder in the .zip file, and here's a few snaps of the bootloader. I've also included snaps of the BIOS settings also.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    806.9 KB · Views: 466
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    802.1 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    869.9 KB · Views: 469
  • Clover.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0018.JPG
    DSC_0018.JPG
    841.4 KB · Views: 555
  • DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    879.7 KB · Views: 527
  • DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    737.4 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    796.3 KB · Views: 479
  • DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    750.3 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    810.4 KB · Views: 386
Here's the EFI folder in the .zip file, and here's a few snaps of the bootloader. I've also included snaps of the BIOS settings also.

Unlock your BIOS so you can set it to defaults and see the settings for everything.

That's pretty much all the available options I have, HP are silly for how they use their BIOS's.

I've already tried resetting the BIOS but that didn't help at all.

Okay, good news;

I've formatted my Ubuntu drive and installed OS X, now Clover seems to be picking up the Macintosh HD partition. It's just finished installing and is now booting (monitoring it in -v mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back