Contribute
Register

Clover Won't Boot With Graphics Card (GT740sc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-z97x-ud7 TH
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
EVGA GT740sc
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is by far the most trouble I've ever had with a build.

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.4 with Clover on a z97x-ud7 TH. What I'm trying to do is get the build to work with my EVGA GT740 sc. Anytime a graphics card is plugged into the machine, it will not boot (prohibited sign). Booting with -v returns:

Error allocating 0x1c726 pages at 0x000000001819a000 alloc type2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Attached is a screen shot of the error and a copy of my config.plist

When I first tried to install from Unibeast drive I got the prohibited sign. I removed the GT740 and installed El Capitan using the onboard graphics without an issue. I then attempted to install the GT740, which prevented boot 100% of the time.

Here is what I've tried so far:

- GT740 without NVidia webdrivers
- NVidia webdrivers with nvda_drv=1 and without nvda_drv=1 (also tried nv_disable=1)
- Every driver combination mentioned in the Big List of Solutions
- System definitions 3,1 and 14,2
- Every BIOS config you could imagine
- Trying the card in different PCI slots (and config BIOS)
- I've tried a GTS250 (with and without injecting graphics) and had the same issue. Also, I experimented with the GT740 and a GTS250 (with and without injecting graphics) in a clover boot drive with Yosemite and got the same results. This leads me to believe that it is not an OSX or hardware issue, but actually lies in something Clover is doing in the boot.

I've been at this for a few days now and I've been scrubbing the forum for information. I haven't found a solution that works for me, which is why I've resorted to begging you all for help.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    902.3 KB · Views: 199
Have you tried adding the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder?

Attachments

• OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 122
I've tried that. I've even tried drivers from multiple versions of clover. Another strange thing I've noticed is that if I keep retrying to boot, sometimes the error changes to:

"Error loading kernel cache (0x9)"

Any thoughts? I'm all out of ideas.

After a fresh install, Nvidia web drivers, unmolested Unibeast 8.1 Clover config, and disabling the onboard graphics and CSM in the BIOS, I'm happy to say that I'm writing this from what seems to be a stable build.

There is one bizarre issue that I have. When I start the computer the first boot will always fail with the allocation error above. However, when I press ESC and select restart from Clover menu, the computer boots without issue.

Anybody else experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back