CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Now I suspect that the rebooting after the boot sequence of the USB flash disk has to do with Clover not supporting my Maxwell card (970 GTX).

In the config file, I tried using:
- No injection
- Nvidia Injection
- nvda_drv = 1

On the verbose text at boot time, I can clearly see a line resembling this : Using Nvidia Official.
Soon After, I get a black screen and a reboot.

Is there a way to use Nvidia's newly released web driver in Clover?

FYI, I tried copying the NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext from S/L/E to Clover's USB kext directory without success. Maybe there is a way to do it more securely that I'm not aware of?

Last edited:
Try boot with nv_disable=1 then install Nvidia web driver then reboot and start up again with nv_disable=1 and select Nvidia web driver from the Nvidia preferences menu in System Preferences.
Then you should be able to boot with nvda_drv=1

Try boot with nv_disable=1 then install Nvidia web driver then reboot and start up again with nv_disable=1 and select Nvidia web driver from the Nvidia preferences menu in System Preferences.
Then you should be able to boot with nvda_drv=1

Ok, I tried. Nothing new to report except that I still got the line "Using Nvidia Official" which makes it clear that the installer is using the default drivers. Do you have any clue for forcing it to do software rendering on the CPU?

This is what nv_disable=1 should do.

You were absolutely right! Some time after the line with "Nvidia Official" thing, the welcome screen shows at last (software-rendered). Guess I was not patient enough the last few times.

Now I have a KP on the 1st reboot tho.. This is annoying. How can it KP with the HDD booted from the flash drive and not KP with the installer booted from the same flash drive?

UPDATE:
My SSD was corrupt. The 2nd try was a success. Thank you l1am9111!

Hey, I've successfully been able to start my hackintosh with the new driver, but I have a multiple monitor setup. When all the cables are plugged in (1x hdmi, 2x dvi) I am only seeing the original monitor that I had installed and setup the system with.

Is this something that can be fixed through settings or is this just something that I have to wait until apple releases a stable driver for the 970?

Thanks ahead of time.

Edit:

Found the solution to the multiple monitor issue as well as the card not being recognized by the system here. Look at #4 for the answer or:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Pieroman69
I just took a look at your config.plist, you should deactivate nvidia injection: the card will still be working and will then be recognized properly as a 970.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back