Contribute
Register

Clover USB installer stuck (with prohibited/stop sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG X79 Rampage IV Formula
CPU
i7-4930K
Graphics
Titan
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I'm trying to upgrade my existing Yosemite hackintosh to High Sierra but I'm facing some issues right from the USB installer.
Clover (4428) works fine but I can't get to the installation window. I'm using these boot args: -v dart=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

The installer USB was made with Unibeast 8.3

What happens is I get the prohibited sign and, thanks to the verbose mode, I can see the last line saying "Still waiting for root device"

Sometimes it happens after "Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>"

Sometimes after "Ethernet [IntelMausi]"

I tried all USB ports, especially the 2.0 ones but nothing works. I would love get some feedback from you guys

Please, see the attachments below

Here's my build
Rampage IV Formula (ROG)
Intel 4930K
16GB of ram
NVIDIA Titan

Attachments

• IMG_20190825_182840.jpg
    IMG_20190825_182840.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
  • result.jpg
    result.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 91
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 58
  • CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 55
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Use the forum Search tool to look for "Still waiting for root device".

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Use the forum Search tool to look for "Still waiting for root device".

Already did but didn't find a solution

Already did but didn't find a solution

Hi there.

Well @P1LGRIM is spot-on with the way to cure this. You say you searched but found no solution? What did you try?

Okay, the problem is usually caused by the USB port you are using for the UniBeast installer.

I'm sure you know, none of your motherboard USB3 ports will be reliable during macOS installation because they are controlled by an ASMedia third-party chipset. macOS has no built-in driver for these. The X79 by default is only USB 2.0 on an EHCI controller.

What can happen is that the USB port you use maybe live in the BIOS POST but goes 'dead' as the installer begins to work and doesn't recognise or activate it. Hence the error message.

First thing to try is make sure you are using one of those two black ports under the PS/2 socket.

If you still get no joy with this and want to experiment then make another UniBeast installer - so as not to damage a working one - then copy USBInjectAll.kext into it's EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder along with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. These might help.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back