CPU
Intel Core i5 4690K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, first time "hackintoshing" and I've just finished installing both OSX El Capitan and Win8.1 Pro (one in each respective partition of a 250Gb SSD). Windows installed fine and worked fine. OSX installed fine and works fine. However, when I turn on my PC and enter the Clover menu I can't click select which OS I want (it will automatically go into OSX). To be completely precise I CAN press the arrow keys, but it just cycles all the way to end (to the far right if I click the right arrow and vice versa) and then freezes, can't move mouse, can't press Enter and go into the selected option, nothing. I've tried reinstalling clover using both multibeast and by going to the official clover site.

My build is as follows:
Intel Core i5 4690k (not OC'd)
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming
2x8Gb 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
250Gb SSD
NZXT Noctis 450

The process to install OSX was as straightforward as possible: created drive, boot flags -v and nv_disable, installed, created windows partition, installed windows, disabled windows' boot loader. Everything aside from USB3 and iMessage is working. But I really need to use Windows and this problem is preventing that, please help!

(when setting up Multibeast I left the default option on the system identifier thingy so OSX identifies the computer as a 2008 Mac Pro (MacPro 3,1), don't know if that's useful but I'll leave it here anyway).

Update: USB3 now working (forgot to set it up in multibeast, derp); entered clover via the OSX installation USB, was able to freely chose whichever drive I wanted, but encountered a weird problem, I can't boot into windows via clover, it just displays a flashing underscore. I went and enabled windows boot again to see if I messed up the OS but everything is working fine. So now I have two problems: not only can I not select what to boot from in Clover, even if I could do so, I can't boot into Windows. Need help desperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back