Contribute
Register

Clover HDMI audio for NVIDIA & AMD cards. Easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me how? I just installed El Capitan with a GA-z87x-d3h with a 4770k and gtx760 and I can't figure out how to get any type of audio.

Worked for me. Easy peasy.
However audio gets cut off on youtube videos for a couple seconds and I'm afraid maybe it's not gonna be completely stable.
Will try for a while but maybe I'll give a shot to the DST/AML/Whatever edits on the "official" guide.

The thing is, the OP of this kext seems to be inactive over Mac Rumors, so likely this is as unsupported as it can get.

Dude! Awesome! It worked like a charm, no hassle.

I've actually been waiting for a 20 ft fiber optic cable in the mail to I could connect audio to my living room tv. I'm currently using a dvi to hdmi cable connected to one of the dvi outputs on my Nvidia GTX 970 card.

So I install this thing and boom, I see "STD HDMI TV" added to the audio sources on the menu bar. No, it can't be, there's no audio over dvi I say to myself. I clicked it and boom, audio! Come to find out my video card outputs audio through the dvi ports, and all you need is a dvi to hdmi cable.

Opened up my DAW (Reaper) just to make sure audio was good, no latency and crystal clear. Now my system is recognizing every audio input and output I have, from analog to digital to video out ports.

Works!! Only downside is it doesn't allow for volume control within the OS for HDMI. Is this something anyone else has experienced? GTX 570, GA Z68X UD7 B3, 2600K

Works!! Only downside is it doesn't allow for volume control within the OS for HDMI. Is this something anyone else has experienced? GTX 570, GA Z68X UD7 B3, 2600K

Unfortunately this is just the way OSX works. There are a handful of utilities to enable the function, I'd search the forum and find one. I've tried soundflower but wasn't too happy with the performance.

Just thank you guy!:thumbup:

Works for my ATI HD5770, Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back