Contribute
Register

Clover HDMI audio for NVIDIA & AMD cards. Easy way.

Motherboard
Desktop
CPU
I5
Graphics
Gforce 650 TI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Updated 07/3/2018. This solution works in High Sierra 10.13.6 as well as several previous versions of MacOS. I didn't create the tools I only figured out how to use them. Credit for the kext goes to andrejkw at macrumors. Your mileage may vary but this is the easiest solution I've found. I've used it for years & its worked for many others. Definitely worth a try.

1. Download package located here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hay1m0rec93vvo/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg?dl=1
2. Mount HDMIAudio-1.0 disk image
3. Mount your EFI partition. You may need to use Clover Configurator or similar tool to do this.
3. Copy HDMIAudio.kext from the HDMIAudio disk image to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other
4. Reboot. Clover may hang on the initial boot attempt, if so a restart of the computer should have you up and running.

There you have it, a simple file copy.
After the reboot I had working HDMI Audio.
*If you don't see any audio devices after reboot. Download and run AudioCloverALC command by toleda
https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/raw/master/audio_cloverALC-130.command.zip

This may help to finish off the install.

If you're confused, there is a quick rundown in this video. *VIDEO IS OLD. COPY KEXT TO "OTHER" FOLDER!
*Don't forget to select the proper output! System Preferences/Sound/output or hold the Option key while clicking volume icon.

So now you have HDMI audio, but what about volume control? OSX doesn't support volume control of HDMI devices natively. Use one of the utilities below to enable it.
Audio Hijack
Sound Siphon

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
OSX Yosemite
CPU
Asus VI Impact
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Does this works on GTX 780?

Motherboard
OS X Yosemite
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600
Graphics
ASUS GT640 Passive
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
After many unsuccessful attempts :banghead: to get HDMI Audio with a NVIDIA GT640 on Yosemite, now it works after a minute :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

Motherboard
Desktop
CPU
I5
Graphics
Gforce 650 TI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Does this works on GTX 780?
I'm not sure which cards this works with. I didn't write the tools, just figured out a way to use them. Ultimately its a simple download and file copy. I'd recommend giving it a try.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Amazing, tried so many tutorials'!!
to make it even easier, you can use http://www.cindori.org/software/kextdrop
using this you don't even have to mount efi! VERY EASY!
just drag and drop the HDMI audio kext onto the Kextdrop app, reboot and voila!
Thanks so much

I can confirm, works with gtx 760

Motherboard
OSX Yosemite
CPU
Asus VI Impact
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm not sure which cards this works with. I didn't write the tools, just figured out a way to use them. Ultimately its a simple download and file copy. I'd recommend giving it a try.
It worked on my GTX 780. Very easy fix.

Thanks for sharing! :)

CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thank you very much!!! Work like a charm)) z87-wifi, Nvidia 760. Just run install install.sh from package and reboot. Thats all.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI BIOS
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 Integrated
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Works great with GTX 550 Ti!
Thanks!