Contribute
Register

Clover HDMI audio for NVIDIA & AMD cards. Easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to El Capitan 10.11.2 and lost HDMI sound when using an EVGA 750 Ti. Used the HDMI kext listed in post #73 and now my sound works again. Thanks!

Updated 10/26/2015

Looks as if the download link was bad so I went ahead and updated it. This solution still works in El Capitan. Keep in mind that I didn't create the tools I only figured out how to use them. Credit for the kext goes to andrejkw at macrumors. Your mileage may vary but this is the easiest solution I've found. It has worked for many others. Definitely worth a try.

1. Download package located here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/248599/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg
2. Mount HDMIAudio-1.0 disk image
3. Mount your EFI partition. You may need to use Clover Configurator or similar tool to do this.
3. Copy HDMIAudio.kext from the HDMIAudio disk image to EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11
4. Reboot

There you have it, a simple file copy.
After the reboot I had working HDMI Audio.
Hopefully this helps someone else.

If you're confused there is a quick rundown in this video.
https://youtu.be/FlK5IdlAKTw

*Don't forget to select the proper output! System Preferences/Sound/output or hold the Option key while clicking volume icon.

So now you have HDMI audio, but what about volume control? OSX doesn't support volume control of HDMI devices natively. Use one of the utilities below to enable it.
Audio Hijack
Sound Siphon

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wow fantastic post. I suspect like a lot of people that don't do IT for a living this is probably going to be the first issue you have after a successful build (as did i). I tried to follow the official post, but found it very hard to understand.

This is very straight forward and makes sense (also introduces you to KextBeast).

Thanks

Updated 10/26/2015

1. Download package located here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/248599/HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg
2. Mount HDMIAudio-1.0 disk image
3. Mount your EFI partition. You may need to use Clover Configurator or similar tool to do this.
3. Copy HDMIAudio.kext from the HDMIAudio disk image to EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11
4. Reboot

Followed these instructions exactly - NOTHING ! No HDMI Audio, no System Preference Option for HDMI Audio.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, Nvidia GeForce 650 Video, 8GB DDR Clover Boot, Yosemite 10.10.5.

Only things I can think of going wrong is the AppleHDA.kext has been replaced with Multibeast Realtek ALC889 Audio Kext? Is that a problem?

:( :( :(

Thanks man! Works here too, gigabyte z87-ud3h and nvidia gtx 770. One strange thing though, it doesn't work when placing the kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11. I must place it in system/library/extensions for it to work. Any idea as to why?

Excellent! :thumbup:

Works on EVGA GeForce GTX970 SC with DisplayPort output. I'm on a Skylake setup, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming mobo.

EDIT: Also getting audio after sleep with DP output with this!

someone can try if work on - El Capitan 10.11.4 with GTX 970 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back