Contribute
Register

clover guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest official BIOS version for GA-Z77-DS3H is F9 or F10f - don't know where the F11 came from. Is this a modded BIOS from someone on the forums?

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4326#bios
Like all bios versions this one come from gigabyte...
Its updated too with all latest oproms.
Most importatnt thing with UEFI booting its to have latest bios like this one,since in UEFI booting all drivers and runtimes are from firmware.

Like all bios versions this one come from gigabyte...
Its updated too with all latest oproms.
Most importatnt thing with UEFI booting its to have latest bios like this one,since in UEFI booting all drivers and runtimes are from firmware.

OK, will try to get it flashed and the EFI you sent copied to the USB tonight. Wound up working late and got home too tired to mess with it last night.

Still have a lot of learning to do on how Clover works.

Really appreciate your patience and help.

Did u try efi folder that i send u ?
OK, downloaded and flashed BIOS v11. Also downloaded EFI you linked, for which I thank you very much.
I have just completed installing, and there is the recovery partition just as promised. I started at the beginning, taking pics at every step so I would have a record to refer to.
When I saw that first screen I thought, "What is this?" , but I went ahead and formatted & partitioned a new Hitachi notebook drive, then selected the re-install (?) Mac OS X button and clicked continue. 6 minutes, it says? Wow, that's fast, usually takes 20 minutes or more.
Then it rebooted, I selected the Hitachi, and saw the normal installation screen. Yep, 21 minutes to install.
Have to stop now and get some sleep or I won't be much use tomorrow, but will continue to post results.

Want to be a co-author on a fix for installing OS X to a machine pre-installed with Windows8 UEFI? I have everything I need to do most of it. Even if you don't want to have input on final guide, you get much credits for the "How to build the installer" part of it, you and kduvernay, both.

Very cool that you are up and running...

How do I change the system-type to <03> (Workstation) instead of the default <01> (Desktop) that Clover uses. I can't seem to find this info anywhere, and my system performs better using the Workstation system-type along with the MacPro5,1 model.

Thanks,

Dil83

How do I change the system-type to <03> (Workstation) instead of the default <01> (Desktop) that Clover uses. I can't seem to find this info anywhere, and my system performs better using the Workstation system-type along with the MacPro5,1 model.

Thanks,

Dil83

I was able to figure out how to accomplish this by trial and error. Just need to add this to the config.plist:

<key>smartUPS</key>
<true/>

That key changes the system-type to <03> just like a genuine MacPro5,1 shows in it's IOReg. Changing this value added about 1000-1500 to my Geekbench score.

Hopefully this will help others.

Dil83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back