Register

clover guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Auros GAMING 5
CPU
i7 8700k
Im looking to do a Fresh Osx Install on my HD, i will back everything i need up to my EXT 2TB, I cant seem to find any good guides for Clover / ML 10.8 / Gigabyte Z77 DS3H board. I was guided by a nice guy on another forum about 3 months ago and i cant really remember each step in detail, if someone could shoot me a link or help me out with a basic guidline on how to install,

I already Have USB stick with OSX / and clover bootloader on it ,

Thanks for any advice !

i could reallly use some help , I cant even seem to get onto OSX86.net or ProjectOSX.com or what ever its called, I just Unable to connect, ect. i dont get it cuz i can get to the site on my phone, hence another reason why i really wanna start over and reinstall osx from stracth, so if anyone has a z77 guide for clover let me know im on my desktop right now and i dont have video card plugged in and i dont have qeci so i cant do much and im reeally stuck someone please help me.
thanks

i could reallly use some help , I cant even seem to get onto OSX86.net or ProjectOSX.com or what ever its called, I just Unable to connect, ect. i dont get it cuz i can get to the site on my phone, hence another reason why i really wanna start over and reinstall osx from stracth, so if anyone has a z77 guide for clover let me know im on my desktop right now and i dont have video card plugged in and i dont have qeci so i cant do much and im reeally stuck someone please help me.
thanks
I am attempting to do same on rev1.0 of same board with i5 3570K + HD4000. Can install Lion, Mt Lion with UniBeast and Linux Mint with a USB I made, but want to try multi-booting with ML and a UEFI Windows install with clover. If I succeed I will write a guide.
Is this a build you previously installed ML on with a clover USB installer?
I don't need to install, I just need to get the USB to boot. I downloaded the latest from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ and installed it to a USB and it will not boot at all. Not sure what I am doing wrong and can't find answers to basic questions on the several clover threads on other sites.
No one ever says how to format the USB, so I asume MBR/FAT32 - is this correct?
What other files do you need to add for the boot loader to work to get a selection screen like the one in Chimera? It was my impression the basic bootloader would at least get you to a selection screen.

BTW - this is wrong forum for this - will move it to http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/ after you answer so you know where it went.

oh well i made new thread on that alt. bootloaders.

I format a USB with 2 GUID partitions. Then restore InstallESD.dmg to the second. Because I
also disable CMS I create a EFI partition on the first new partition and then install r2078
to it (choosing "Install UEFI motherboards)...

To make things even easier I delete the new EFI partition and replace it one of my existing
working EFI partions, add FakeSMC to /EFI/Clover/kext/10.8 and then make any required changes
to config.plist. Also boot with "inject kext"

EDIT: The above is for creating the installer.

If you just want a bootable USB you can just format 1 partition GUID and install clover to it with these settings and it will create the EFI partition for you. Just select it from your boot menu...

I've haven't tested Fat32/MBR for sometime, I'll try it a little later.

Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 6.14.05 PM.png

Curious why this relates to this thread? Thank you-
Probably whoever it was behind the modbot wanted to make sure you were using the InstallESD.dmg from a purchased install app and not a t*****t download.

Thanks for the info. I will try with a GUID formatted USB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I format a USB with 2 GUID partitions. Then restore InstallESD.dmg to the second. Because I
also disable CMS I create a EFI partition on the first new partition and then install r2078

To make things even easier I delete the new EFI partition and replace it one of my existing
working EFI partions, add FakeSMC to /EFI/Clover/kext/10.8 and then make any required changes

If you just want a bootable USB you can just format 1 partition GUID and install clover to it with these settings and it will create the EFI partition for you. Just select it from your boot menu...

View attachment 68092
Some users,like me are having issues with injecting kext when instaling OSX in stage 2 of setup.

To solve this problem kext must be placed not only in /EFI/Clover/kext/10.8 but in /EFI/Clover/kext/other folder.

View attachment 68092

So, in steps:
Step 1 - format 8Gb USB flash 1 partition, GUID, Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Step 2 - open the Install OS X Mountain Lion.app "show package contents"
Step 3 - use disk utility to restore the Mac OS X Install ESD to the formatted USB flash
Step 4 - launch the Clover installer app, select USB flash drive to install to, click on custom and make selections as in pic, click on install.
Step 5 - When the clover app is finished - do what? (I notice the drive now has an EFI partition added by Clover)

Anything else that needs doing before booting with CMS disabled and BIOS in full UEFI mode?

BTW, an attempt to eject the USB flash drive has a problem - the EFI partition will not eject with it:Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 7.07.04 PM.png and attempt to unmount it using terminal, terminal says it is not mounted. Force eject does not work, either.

So, where did I screw it up?
EDIT:
Trying to boot with the installer, it boots just fine, but Mac installer immediately KPs:
DSC_0063.JPG

Do I need to mount the EFI partition and add FakeSMC and other files before attempting to install with the Clover bootloader? Right now it is doing an endless cycle - boots, starts OS X installer, KPs, short pause, reboot, repeat action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back