Contribute
Register

clover guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, changed FakeSMC to version 4.2.0 and now get KP with AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failed after hitting enter with the inject kext option at the Clover screen.

Would it do me any good to boot a UniBeast install and use MacIASL to extract a SSDT and a DSDT for this board, patch the DSDT and add it to Clover?

So, changed FakeSMC to version 4.2.0 and now get KP with AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failed after hitting enter with the inject kext option at the Clover screen.

Would it do me any good to boot a UniBeast install and use MacIASL to extract a SSDT and a DSDT for this board, patch the DSDT and add it to Clover?
It may but I've never had to do so with any board. The version of FakeSMC you're using should me irreverent, if you removed Fake all together the lack of it doesn't create a KP, it just eventually times out on the boot and returns a message that it can't be found. On my current installer I'm using 5.3.814 but I've used many versions in the past year or two without a problem.

EDIT: Here's a basic config.plist from my Installer to look at...

View attachment config.plist

What drivers are you loading in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI...

drivers.png

What drivers are you loading in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI...

View attachment 68609

Same as in this list.
Looking in the doc folder I see a text file HowToInstallOSX.txt and in it there are some Stage 1 instructions to remove kernel cache and copy BaseSysten.dmg/S/L/E to InstalESD.dmg and add other kexts FakeSMC.kext).
Tried this and got a "failed to load drivers" error right after it found the boot device UUID.

Is this a holdover from manual install directions and the installer takes care of it or is it something I still need to do?

I see in your config.plist a line under AppleRTC :
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
and a patch for VoodooHDA that I shouldn't need and probably won't need the external hdd icons patch either.

Is the customUUID key your addon for your boot drive?

Same as in this list.
Looking in the doc folder I see a text file HowToInstallOSX.txt and in it there are some Stage 1 instructions to remove kernel cache and copy BaseSysten.dmg/S/L/E to InstalESD.dmg and add other kexts FakeSMC.kext).
Tried this and got a "failed to load drivers" error right after it found the boot device UUID.

Is this a holdover from manual install directions and the installer takes care of it or is it something I still need to do?

I see in your config.plist a line under AppleRTC :
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
and a patch for VoodooHDA that I shouldn't need and probably won't need the external hdd icons patch either.

I think that HowTo text file is out of date. The current updated info resides here: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Contents

Here is a very simple/minimal config.plist that successfully launches the Installer here on 3 different machines...

View attachment config.plist

Somewhat, I always change it before I post a config file... Off course you can just remove it without issue.

I think that HowTo text file is out of date. The current updated info resides here: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Contents

I have read through that - that is why I thought the .doc in the download was out of date - it should be replaced with one that just as the link to the wiki.

Somewhat, I always change it before I post a config file... Off course you can just remove it without issue.

Well. of course you should change the actual number before you post. Was just curious - did you include it due to some problem with Clover finding it on the boot or because you have several drives and you wanted to make sure Clover used the right one?

I think I am going to need to do a lot more reading on another forum - I just can't seem to get the Clover install USB to work - even with FakeSMC in 'other' and '10.8' I am still getting a Apple SMC KP when I boot the installESD from Clover. Followed every step carefully and something is still missing, it seems.

If I install with UniBeast and not use MultiBeast to add FakeSMC and network kext only, will a USB with Clover only on it boot OS X as EFI if I set the BIOS to no CMS support or to EFI only?

I have read through that - that is why I thought the .doc in the download was out of date - it should be replaced with one that just as the link to the wiki.
Yes it should, but these kind of updates seldon get done or at least take a long time to happen. The dev's consider Clover to still be in development although I know Slice has been working on it for over 2 years.
Well. of course you should change the actual number before you post. Was just curious - did you include it due to some problem with Clover finding it on the boot or because you have several drives and you wanted to make sure Clover used the right one?
No, it's not necessary, Clover will generate it itself.
I think I am going to need to do a lot more reading on another forum - I just can't seem to get the Clover install USB to work - even with FakeSMC in 'other' and '10.8' I am still getting a Apple SMC KP when I boot the installESD from Clover. Followed every step carefully and something is still missing, it seems.
Understand... The gibberish in the boot args line is still bugging me, also the lack of FakeSMC has never created a KP here, just a notice that it wasn't found. You might try installing OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi to the Drivers64UEFI folder and see if fixes the KP.
If I install with UniBeast and not use MultiBeast to add FakeSMC and network kext only, will a USB with Clover only on it boot OS X as EFI if I set the BIOS to no CMS support or to EFI only?
I've had various installs where the installation was done with Unibeast and Multibeast, then later created a EFI partition and installed Clover to it without any problem. The downside is a Clover install creates a recovery partition which of course, Unibeast doesn't. Setting CMS disabled and booting UEFI will require a UEFI/GOP flashed video card.

Understand... The gibberish in the boot args line is still bugging me, also the lack of FakeSMC has never created a KP here, just a notice that it wasn't found. You might try installing OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi to the Drivers64UEFI folder and see if fixes the KP.
I've had various installs where the installation was done with Unibeast and Multibeast, then later created a EFI partition and installed Clover to it without any problem. The downside is a Clover install creates a recovery partition which of course, Unibeast doesn't. Setting CMS disabled and booting UEFI will require a UEFI/GOP flashed video card.

OsxLowMemFixDrv when there is 4x8Gb of ram onboard? Can't see where there would be low memory, but I will try anything at this point. Don't see as it has anything to do with the KP I am getting, though.

Since I am using HD4000 onboard graphics I don't need a flashed GPU. Instead of disabling CMS totally, would not setting it to UEFI only work just as well?

Tried writing zeros one pass to totally erase the USB and started over with just Clover installed and FakeSMC copied to other and 10.8 to use it just as a boot stick.
Wiped the HDD with 1 pass zeros also and put it back in the DS3H, changed the BIOS back to CMS support and installed 10.8.5 with UniBeast. Install went without a hitch and I set up the first user. Did not run MultiBeast, instead shutdown, removed UniBeast USB and plugged in the Clover USB. Booted it up, changed the BIOS to no CMS support again. Continued boot with Clover, selected the OS X install, selected with kexts option.... got exact same KP as before.

On your UB+MB installs, when adding Clover later, did you need to remove FakeSMC from S/L/E to let the one in Clover do the job or did you leave it in?

Don't know what to think. Others seem to have no problems at all with this process. Can't be corrupted ESD - it is exact same download as used to create the UniBeast USB and UniBeast USB works no problem.
Going to try just swapping in your config.plist after removing the custom UUID since you say Clover generates it and see what happens.

OsxLowMemFixDrv when there is 4x8Gb of ram onboard? Can't see where there would be low memory, but I will try anything at this point. Don't see as it has anything to do with the KP I am getting, though.
The driver name is deceiving, see here: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/FAQ . I'm remembering Toleda had to use OsxLowMemFixDrv with his Z87I-DELUXE, probably worth trying.

Since I am using HD4000 onboard graphics I don't need a flashed GPU. Instead of disabling CMS totally, would not setting it to UEFI only work just as well?
Yes.
Tried writing zeros one pass to totally erase the USB and started over with just Clover installed and FakeSMC copied to other and 10.8 to use it just as a boot stick.
Wiped the HDD with 1 pass zeros also and put it back in the DS3H, changed the BIOS back to CMS support and installed 10.8.5 with UniBeast. Install went without a hitch and I set up the first user. Did not run MultiBeast, instead shutdown, removed UniBeast USB and plugged in the Clover USB. Booted it up, changed the BIOS to no CMS support again. Continued boot with Clover, selected the OS X install, selected with kexts option.... got exact same KP as before.
Do you have a DSDT for the board you can place in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched?
On your UB+MB installs, when adding Clover later, did you need to remove FakeSMC from S/L/E to let the one in Clover do the job or did you leave it in?
No, matter of fact I place all kext in S/L/E. I only use kext in Clover for creating installers for different boards. A good test of your USB would be to take it to any working Hack, enable CMS, and boot the existing install with it.

Don't know what to think. Others seem to have no problems at all with this process. Can't be corrupted ESD - it is exact same download as used to create the UniBeast USB and UniBeast USB works no problem.
Going to try just swapping in your config.plist after removing the custom UUID since you say Clover generates it and see what happens.
Luck with that, I've seen many situations like this with Clover where it just refuses to work on a particular configuration.

Well, don't know what to think now. There was always the possibility of precompiled Clover errors, so thought I would try something new.
Installed with UniBeast, did not run MultiBeast.
Downloaded Install OS X Mountain Lion.app
Logged into developers site and downloaded Xcode and Xcode terminal tools
Installed Xcode, launched it, agreed to license. Same with terminal tools.
Downloaded Clover Grower.
Launched Clover Grower. It finished up with a new build pkg of version 2178
opened package of brand new USB flash drive, 8GB Toshiba, same as I have used for all UniBeast USBs I have made.
Formatted it 1 partition, GUID, Mac OS Extended (Journaled), no title
Finder->applications- right click on install app, show package contents, navigate to shared support, double-click on InstallESD.dmg to mount it, restored it to the USB, launched Clover, pointed it at the USB, select UEFI motherboard, metal theme, low men fix as you suggest, and install.

Install fail error message :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Try it again with 2165. Several commits after 2165 where hosed and created more issues. They consider the download here as the official current version. Everything built with CloverGrower is risky as any dev that makes changes has no ability to test until the commit and run the new version.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back