Contribute
Register

clover guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I create two GUID partitions although your process will work fine. Mount the USB/EFI partition and then add FakeSMC to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.8 as well as to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. Boot to the USB, highlight OSX Installer, hit spacebar and choose "With Kext" on all stages of the install.

Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 8.38.18 PM.png

I create two GUID partitions although your process will work fine. Mount the USB/EFI partition and then add FakeSMC to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.8 as well as to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. Boot to the USB, highlight OSX Installer, hit spacebar and choose "With Kext" on all stages of the install.

Thanks.
Any particular size to the 2 partitions? Need a minimum size for the InstallESD for one of them at least. What is the other for? Additional apps you always use and plant to install - like DPCIManager and Maciasl?

Yes, for audio and lan kext, other tools, or whatever I might need to complete the install...

So, in steps:
Step 1 - format 8Gb USB flash 1 partition, GUID, Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Step 2 - open the Install OS X Mountain Lion.app "show package contents"
Step 3 - use disk utility to restore the Mac OS X Install ESD to the formatted USB flash
Step 4 - launch the Clover installer app, select USB flash drive to install to, click on custom and make selections as in pic, click on install.
Step 5 - When the clover app is finished - do what? (I notice the drive now has an EFI partition added by Clover)

Anything else that needs doing before booting with CMS disabled and BIOS in full UEFI mode?

BTW, an attempt to eject the USB flash drive has a problem - the EFI partition will not eject with it:View attachment 68341 and attempt to unmount it using terminal, terminal says it is not mounted. Force eject does not work, either.

So, where did I screw it up?
EDIT:
Trying to boot with the installer, it boots just fine, but Mac installer immediately KPs:
View attachment 68342

Do I need to mount the EFI partition and add FakeSMC and other files before attempting to install with the Clover bootloader? Right now it is doing an endless cycle - boots, starts OS X installer, KPs, short pause, reboot, repeat action.
Yes u need to have fakesmc in 10.8 and other folder...:lolno:

Yes u need to have fakesmc in 10.8 and other folder...:lolno:

OK, So, in steps:
Step 1 - format 8Gb USB flash 1 partition, GUID, Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
Step 2 - open the Install OS X Mountain Lion.app "show package contents"
Step 3 - use disk utility to restore the Mac OS X Install ESD to the formatted USB flash
Step 4 - launch the Clover installer app, select USB flash drive to install to, click on custom and make selections as in pic, click on install.
Step 5 - When the clover app is finished, there is an EFI USB icon on the desktop
step 6 - use Pacifist to extract FakeSMC.kext from latest MultiBeast or download from internet.
Step 7 - right click on EFI, select open, navigate to kexts->10.8 and drag/drop FakeSMC.kext
Step 8 - navigate to kexts->other and drag/drop FakeSMC.kext
Step 9 - open termnal and unmount the EFI partition, it disappears from desktop
Step 10 - eject USB and go boot your new build with it.
Step 11 - at the Clover screen, select the InstallESD, hit spacebar, select the inject kexts option and hit enter.

Still get KP. What did I miss?

Those are the exact steps I use... What hardware are you installing to?

So, Clover boots just fine and I select with kexts as instructed:
DSC_0071.JPG and hit enter. And it KPs: DSC_0074.JPG

So I decide to double check to make sure that FakeSMC kext is actually there and try to mount the EFI:
Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 5.15.07 PM.pngsay what? invalid argument? did something change in 10.8.5?

Try:

mkdir /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efi
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efi

sudo umount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1

EDIT: GB, what is all the the gibberish in the Boot args: line? (In the image)

Try:

mkdir /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efi
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efi

sudo umount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1
Thanks, that worked. So I definitely have FakeSMC.kext version 5.3.820 in both 10.8 and other. But then why the kp with com.apple.driver.AppleSMCPDRC in the backtrace? Think I will try again with a different version of FakeSMC and see what happens.

EDIT: GB, what is all the the gibberish in the Boot args: line? (In the image)
You got me - no idea. I am going to cruise through the contents of the EFI and see just what is in there - got to be a .plist with that unnecessary npci=0x2000 - need to get rid of that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back