Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
I have some previous issues from updating Clover See Here

I have been able to frankenstein my way back to being able to boot into the 10.15.6 Drive using the Clover 5102 package I installed on another drive. In other words, I can boot from Drive "A" into Clover 5102 then select the 10.15.6 OS on Drive "B". (Drive "B" is still not bootable on its own)

This is where I am confused on how to implement a proper, permanent solution...
I used EFI Mounter to access the EFI Partition(s) - It shows disk0 and disk1, but also states the current boot disk is disk3.
After mounting disk0 and disk1, they both seem to be the same, and do not appear to be the bad EFI Partition on my 10.15.6 Disk.

So I am not sure how I can go about fixing/patching/reparing/replacing the Clover install for my 10.15.6 Disk. (the ultimate goal here)
Since I appear to be booted into the correct Disk and OS, can I just run the Clover 5102 install pkg?
Will that replace the current, bad EFI booting problem on my 10.15.6 disk?
Or, do I need to manually copy or replace files in the EFI Partition?

Or is there something else I should be doing? Thanks for any guidance here.

Each time that you update Clover a complete backup of your entire /EFI folder is saved to the system disk in /EFI-Backups. You should be able to restore the backup and get back to where you started from.

Each time that you update Clover a complete backup of your entire /EFI folder is saved to the system disk in /EFI-Backups. You should be able to restore the backup and get back to where you started from.
Thanks for that. I will look into it. However, I'm not sure what's happening with the EFI Partition that I can't mount or see the one I am trying to fix. Any Ideas?

Should I use Clover Configurator to restore the EFI Partition?

Last edited:
When you format a drive as GPT the EFI Partition is created automatically as part of the process.
No need to use any apps to restore it.

When you format a drive as GPT the EFI Partition is created automatically as part of the process.
No need to use any apps to restore it.
Thanks. I guess I misspoke. I meant - use Clover Configurator to restore the data on/in the EFI Partition.

Yet, how do I get the proper EFI Partition to mount?
Or should I just replace the data in all the EFI Partitions?

When you have multiple disks you should only install the boot loader to one of them.
My advice would be to work on just one disk and disconnect all of the others while you do that.
Once you have one disk booting correctly you can add the others one at a time until all are functioning.

Back