Graphics
NVS 510
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I decided I wasn't doing enough 3D graphics to justify the electricity burned by my big Nvidia card (a lowly 680) and popped in an Nvidia NVS 510, a card that has 4 DP outs and is used a lot by traders who need 4 screens of non-3D stuff. After that switch, every time I reboot my hackintosh, Clover does not remember to boot the Mac OS image, out of the several choices. PITA.

I recall something about Clover using some sort of static RAM on video cards for such things, and that older cards don't have that and need to enable emulation of it, but I can't seem to find that info now, when I need it.

Can someone please point me to that - or some other thing to try?

thanks in advance,

-- jdm

I decided I wasn't doing enough 3D graphics to justify the electricity burned by my big Nvidia card (a lowly 680) and popped in an Nvidia NVS 510, a card that has 4 DP outs and is used a lot by traders who need 4 screens of non-3D stuff. After that switch, every time I reboot my hackintosh, Clover does not remember to boot the Mac OS image, out of the several choices. PITA.

I recall something about Clover using some sort of static RAM on video cards for such things, and that older cards don't have that and need to enable emulation of it, but I can't seem to find that info now, when I need it.

Can someone please point me to that - or some other thing to try?

thanks in advance,

-- jdm
Profiles
  • Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under your avatar they need to kept as small as possible and limited to one system only.

Desktop profile field recommendations:
    • Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming - 1002 - Clover UEFI or Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH - F6.
    • CPU: limited to model number and clock speed if over-clocked, i.e. i7-8700 or i7-8700K OC 4.5 GHz.
    • Graphics: limited to model, i.e. GTX 1070, R9 570, HD 4000, HD 630 or GTX 1060 / HD 630.

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7- Clover UEFI
  • CPU: Intel Skylake i6700K Core i7 4.8 GHz
  • Graphics: NVIDIA NVS 510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back