Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell E6530 (bios A20) – Clover UEFI
CPU
I7-3540M
Graphics
HD4000/Nvidia5200M
I think, at this point converting to hfs+ is out of the question, Apple has been pushing the apfs file policy very aggressively, so does anybody solved the missing "Boot macOS from Mojave " (this last word may be different). I have installed the latest clover in HDD and USB, but I can only see 3 Mac Os related tabs but not the one for actually loading the Mojabe mac OS. I updated high sierra to Mojave and everything went fine. My laptop (Dell E6530) booted up normally, Mojave system loaded up, I finished the setup and spent sometime exploring. I updated clover to the latest version and turned of machine. When I restarted, I noticed Clover did not have an option for booting into the system like High sierra had it. I tried adding the apfs.efi or the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi driver to the clover efi folder in the HDD and also tried with a USB clover installation and the result is the same: No boot option for the Mojave OS. I used the recovery option and I was able to explore the partition where the system is located but that´s as far as I could go. I tried double checking the config.plist as well. Does anybody has an idea of what happened? what am I missing? Thank you for your help

Attachments

• No Mojave boot option clover.jpg
    No Mojave boot option clover.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 113
  • config2.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 220
Does not require Buying Advice - Moved to Laptop Support.

I ended up reinstalling high Sierra and updating it again. The only thing I noticed was that the first installation was stuck in "encrypting at 55%". I think FileVault was encrypting my drive (after the update) and something wrong happened ending up in clover not being able to see that drive. Once I finished my second installation, I made sure FileVault was turned off. This time everything has worked as expected. Running Mojave 10.14.2. I am using the previous kext from high Sierra for the atheros wifi interface. So far no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back