CPU
Intel Core Skylake i7 - 6700K
Graphics
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 8G G5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! For a long time everything worked perfectly. But after updating BIOS (F5 to F20b) on my Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 Clover can't load Mac OS El Capitan: it's showing Apple logo and blank progress bar for a long time. I tried to load mac OS in recovery mode but the same result. I enable verbose mode but there are no any errors.
loading-verbose.jpg

I've got 4 storages: 2 SSDs for systems Win10 and Mac OS; and 2 HDDs just for storing different non-system files. Win10 is loading correctly from Clover as it was before BIOS update. That is result of 'bcfg boot dump' in UEFI Shell and there are much less records than it was before BIOS update:
clover list.jpg

If I choose in BIOS boot order directly drive without prefix "UEFI OS" it will load Win10 without showing Clover screen.
IMG_1722.JPG

Can anybody help me? Thanks.

I have changed in BIOS property "Windows 8/10 features" from "Other OS" to "Windows 8/10 WHQL". After it appeared option "CSM Support" and I set it in "Disabled". With this configuration I could load MacOS but not Windows.

Hey onx!

Did you manage to get this working? I'm currently on F5 and might need to update my bios to F20b to support my RAM. I'm on a GA-Z170X UD5 TH though.

Did you try to downgrade back to F5 and see if everything is working correctly again?

Hi! My main problem was in Windows installation: I installed it in legacy-mode but OSX in UEFI-mode so I should to switch "CMS Support" to load Win or OSX. For now I reinstall Windows in UEFI-mode and have no any problems to load both systems.
I think you could update BIOS without any fears :)

Hi! My main problem was in Windows installation: I installed it in legacy-mode but OSX in UEFI-mode so I should to switch "CMS Support" to load Win or OSX. For now I reinstall Windows in UEFI-mode and have no any problems to load both systems.
I think you could update BIOS without any fears :)
Oh ok! Awesome! :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back