Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've just installed Clover Bootloader and I'm having a problem with the resolution when it starts. It only takes a small part of my screen and the menu is repeated several times making it very difficult ro see and read.

See picture below for a better understanding of what I'm saying. I just took a picture when OS X Yosemite starts but it looks exactly the same on the Clover boot menu.

IMG_1502.jpg

I've tried setting the correct resolution (25640x1440 or even 1920x1080) in Clover Configurator but it does not do anything. Also tried different themes but that has no effect neither.

At some point when OS X starts it will refresh the display and be alright. I have no problem once it's started in Yosemite.

So here's my setup as it might be useful info:
- Thunderbolt Display monitor
- Hackintosh with Gigabyte z77 UP5-TH (monitor connected through Thunderbolt cable)

What's weird is that when I try to boot from my USB stick (used to install Yosemite) I get a good Clover boot from the key but not when it auto load at startup. I checked both config.plist and I can't see any real differences on the boot and GUI parts.

Maybe something wrong in the BIOS settings?

For Yosemite:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>hcB0XUg=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>McB0W0g=</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYjE6wM=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QYjE6yM=</data>
</dict>
</array>

Unfortunately your solution does not work. Still the same problem as you can see below.IMG_1504.jpg

Add this line:
Code:
<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>1920x1080</string>

That's just an example. You will need to replace 1920x1080 with your own resolution if it's different.

EDIT: Don't use Clover Configurator. Try adding the lines manually.

Well that line is already set. I tried with both my native screen's resolution (2560x1440) and also 1920x1080 which is more standard. As of now the latest is still set but does not seem to be taken into account...

Here is a part of my config.plist in EFI/CLOVER :
Code:
<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
		<key>CustomLogo</key>
		<false/>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>Hackintosh</string>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Secure</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
Code:
<key>GUI</key>	<dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>
		</array>
		<key>Language</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Mirror</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>8</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<string>Last</string>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>ScreenResolution</key>
		<string>1920x1080</string>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>YosemiteLogin</string>
	</dict>
Code:
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Well that line is already set. I tried with both my native screen's resolution (2560x1440) and also 1920x1080 which is more standard. As of now the latest is still set but does not seem to be taken into account...

Try using 1024x768. That's the best I could get at boot up with Clover on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with a 2560x1440 display connected via Thunderbolt/miniDisplayPort.

-bth

Try using 1024x768. That's the best I could get at boot up with Clover on my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with a 2560x1440 display connected via Thunderbolt/miniDisplayPort.

-bth

Thank you sir! You were right. Setting 1024x768 did the trick. Menu is awful but at least I can see the entries.

Really weird bug... I don't understand why when booting thru the USB stick I get a correct menu.
Here is what I get when booting thru USB:
IMG_1505.jpg

Oddly enough, I did a restart via Clover menu and on the next restart I had this mixed display:
IMG_1507.jpg

I am wondering if the problem would not be because of the two graphic cards (the internal Intel HD4000 and my Nvidia GeForce GTX 660). Maybe in the auto case it uses the Intel and in the other case it uses the GeForce.

Seeing this makes me think that by default it tries to display signal from both cards... just thinking out loud there.

Unfortunately I don't have such settings in my uefi. I can only enable/disable CSM and can't choose any OS stuff

Anth0 this is a old thread but i dont know if you fixed this problem but i just fixed mine and now i have full resolution. I won't take credit for this but all credit goes to the author of this youtube video. check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back