Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
So I’m running El Capitan on my hackintosh and it’s been working fine for days. I finally decided to install my Nvidia gpu and whenever I checked the box in system preferences for Nvidia, the computer would restart and it would go back to the default OS X graphics.
I saw on a tonymac forum that I had to update clover to fix this, so I installed what is shown in the screen shot to help make the graphics card work.
Now, when I choose “boot OS X from El Capitan drive” the screen goes black. I tried uninstalling the gpu, using nv_disable=1, safe mode, etc to no avail.
I have no idea how to solve this problem and I’m worried I might have to completely reinstall my entire os. Is there a way to uninstall the clover update without being able to get in osx itself? I’m trapped in the clover bootup menu and I don’t know how to boot it up since everything I do leads to a black screen. Help!

Attachments

• 9C8C5B91-9FD6-4F29-829B-0D95E6D8DB69.png
    9C8C5B91-9FD6-4F29-829B-0D95E6D8DB69.png
    837.5 KB · Views: 115
So I am having an issue with my hackintosh. I am running OS X 10.11.6 and I am trying to install a new graphics card so I installed the clover update 2.4k, as in the screenshot .
The problem is now when I try to boot into the computer using updated clover, the screen goes black. No logo, nothing. Verbose mode and safe mode do not work. I tried uninstalling my gpu and trying it like before to no avail. The only way I can get into my computer is if I go to the bios each time and boot from my usb flash drive with the OLD version of clover.
Please is there a way to get back the old 2.3k version of clover? Can I uninstall the current version somehow, because I’m only concerned with being able to actually boot in to the computer right now! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back