Contribute
Register

[CLOSED] Adding ATI card IDs to Chimera 1.5 ATI.c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adding ATI card IDs to ATI.c - update (10-May)

notshy said:
debaser said:
Sapphire Toxic HD 6850 finally with 2 screens (1xDVI,1xminiDP to active dvi adapter)
(Toxic is overclocked 6850 but should have a layout of a 6870. This is
the reason that there are 2 miniDP's.

Boot plist additional args: PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed

Are you using a DSDT ? You shouldn't need the PCIRootUID if you are - but please test and let me know.

I've booted and I can tell you it works without the kernel flag "PCIRootUID"!
Cool!

Re: Adding ATI/AMD card IDs to ATI.c to autoload framebuffers

grtitan said:
I have a bit of a problem, the included application, LSCPI, installs, but when i invoke it in Terminal, it says command not found.

Another thing, my ID 0x67381002, its already listed in ATI6000controller.kext, but when I use ioreg | grep ATY is not showing a framebuffer and system profile still shows NI40.

My card is the XFX HD-687A-ZNFC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814150506

More strange, Duckweed used to allow me to boot, now, when I use it at the chimera startup, it halts the system.

Stranger still, I tried all the framebuffers and all, except Hydrilla, Duckweed, Mangabey and Pithecia, allowed me to boot, but again, ioreg | grep ATY says that no framebuffer was loaded.

Was this ever resolved? I have the exact same card and am experiencing the exact same issue. I looked through the thread, saw you working on it, but never saw a resolution.

hi guys, i have a Sapphire 6770 card and also experiencing the "ATI card posted, reading VBIOS from legacy space" error. i'm a newbie in hackintosh but i was able to install the OS in my PC.

i just would like to know if there is already a fix for my card using multibeast?

many thanks

For those of you who are having troubles with the 6670 card (the one recommended in the CustoMac thread, build #1), I figured out how to get the frame buffer working. Here's what I did, plus how to do it on your own.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28464&p=181268#p181268

Enjoy!

Shurt said:
For those of you who are having troubles with the 6670 card (the one recommended in the CustoMac thread, build #1), I figured out how to get the frame buffer working. Here's what I did, plus how to do it on your own.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28464&p=181268#p181268

Enjoy!

thanks for this, i'll check on it

@shurt, sorry but my video card is 6770. does your guide work with my video card?

thanks

alnr said:
@shurt, sorry but my video card is 6770. does your guide work with my video card?

thanks

Well, I don't see any reason why the same method wouldn't work. However, from my quick glance through ATI.c, it seems that the 6770's device ID isn't in there, which means you would first have to add it, then use the guide that I outlined.

Shurt said:
alnr said:

thanks

Well, I don't see any reason why the same method wouldn't work. However, from my quick glance through ATI.c, it seems that the 6770's device ID isn't in there, which means you would first have to add it, then use the guide that I outlined.
That doesn't mean you are going to get QE/CI. It would be easier to exchange your HD6770 for a HD5770 which is supported.

@shurt, thanks for the info. i'll "try" your suggestion.

@bagnolet, my mistake for the 6770. i did not check if the card is supported. i was supposed to get the 6670 (i was following Sandy Bridge CustoMac Build #1 specs) but unfortunately the card is not available from the shop. they offered me the 6770 which i got. anyway, i'll try if can have it replaced but i doubt it ;)

thanks again guys..

@alnr,
I meant try to find someone, for example on Craiglist, willing to exchange a 6-month old HD5770 with your brand new HD6770.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back