Register

[CLOSED] Adding ATI card IDs to Chimera 1.5 ATI.c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: troubles with 4670

jsfullr said:
any help? :crazy:
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I've got an HIS 4670 with two DVI's that has both ports working with a modified Flicker if it would help.

Re: Adding ATI card IDs to ATI.c - update (10-May)

hi
can you add my device id to chimera
Code:
{ 0x9480,	0x3628103C, CHIP_FAMILY_RV730,		"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650",		kGliff  	},
and this to boot loader:
Code:
static bool init_card(pci_dt_t *pci_dev)
{

fb_name = getStringForKey(kAtiConfig, &bootInfo->bootConfig);
	if (!fb_name)
	{
		fb_name = card_configs[card->info->cfg_name].name;
		card->ports = card_configs[card->info->cfg_name].ports;
	}
	else
	{
		for (i = 0; i < kCfgEnd; i++)
			if (strcmp(fb_name, card_configs[i].name) == 0)
				card->ports = card_configs[i].ports;
	}
	if (pci_dev->device_id == 0x9480 && pci_dev->subsys_id.subsys_id == 0x3628103C )
		card->ports = 2
its its allow the 4000 series mobile card to pass the black screen posted with guy here:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.p ... l#msg10402

thanks

I tried "make" but return the following messages. Is it because I'm doing this on Lion and using Xcode 4.1?

I'm afraid I don't know about that. I compiled on 10.6.8, I'll try at some point to compile on Lion, but I doubt it would make any difference.

Also, might be a silly question, but should I be booting up with the -v command or not?

I found that -v let me know whether or not there was a major error, but didn't seem to actually boot into the requested framebuffer personality. So I would say no...

Just wanted to say, my fiddling with the framebuffer tables got reset when I installed Lion, because Lion has a new ATI6000Controller.kext which has different locations for its framebuffer tables.

This meant that when I booted up the Lion install partition, I had to set GraphicsEnabler=no as it was trying to load up a dodgy framebuffer personality. This gave me full resolution in order to get Lion up and running. Then I re-edited the binary file.

I simply reran the the ati_personality perl file and it gave me the new offsets for the framebuffer tables. Then I edited the hex values with Hex Fiend. Works a treat!

GingaNinja said:
Just wanted to say, my fiddling with the framebuffer tables got reset when I installed Lion, because Lion has a new ATI6000Controller.kext which has different locations for its framebuffer tables.

This meant that when I booted up the Lion install partition, I had to set GraphicsEnabler=no as it was trying to load up a dodgy framebuffer personality. This gave me full resolution in order to get Lion up and running. Then I re-edited the binary file.

I simply reran the the ati_personality perl file and it gave me the new offsets for the framebuffer tables. Then I edited the hex values with Hex Fiend. Works a treat!

I was all ready for giving this another bash yesterday, but now find that I can't run the 'make' command in Lion!! It gives me errors. I've edited the Pithecia Frame buffer & everything, but just can't create a new boot file!!

Maybe I should just wait until they update Chimera & hope they include the framebuffer other than 'kNull in there....

I'm confused. I have a Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850.

If I boot normally from Chimera with GE=Yes, it boots using the Duckweed frame buffer, but I only have 1 display. The bottom DVI doesn't work, and neither does HDMI (I can't test display port)

If chimera is detecting this card properly, then how come i can't get another monitor running? OS X detects the other monitor, but it's black. For example, I can go to System Information, and it shows 2 displays. I can drag windows freely back and forth between the displays, however the second display (running form HDMI) is black.

I have tried GE=No and this when typing ioreg | grep ATY in terminal:

Not-Shys-Mac-Pro:~ notshy$ ioreg | grep ATY
| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
| | | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x10$
| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$
| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@3 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000003$

I've been trying to type in other frame buffers to Chimera, and Elodea has gotten both displays turned on and to the desktop, but I was unable to select anything. The mouse would move, but I wasn't able to select anything. Weird! Any help?

Also, when adding Elodea to the boot.plist, I am stuck with one display again, even though i had two when using Elodea from Chimera.

Thanks guys!

After further investigation It seems like no one is getting all 4 monitors to work with a framebuffer, am I right? Or have anyone succeeded in using 4 monitors with a framebuffer so that DVD-Player, Geekbench, Steam and such works?

Hi guys,

I've a Saphire 6870 running on a ASUS P7P55D-E (using a DSDT table from the site) on LION. I have GE enabled but when appears that my frame buffer are not loaded correct, bellow are my screen with the outputs. Can anyone help me, plz?

Zanons-iMac:~ Zanonale$ sudo lspci -nnvd 0x1002: | grep -B2 Subsystem
Password:
pcilib: 0000:01:00.0 64-bit device address ignored.
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6738] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:00d0]
--

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa88]
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa88]
Zanons-iMac:~ Zanonale$ ioreg | grep ATY
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000366, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (355 ms), reta$
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000367, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain$
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000368, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (21 ms), retai$
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@3 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000369, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (4 ms), retain$
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000366, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (355 ms), retain 7>
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000367, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (6 ms), retain 7>
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000368, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (21 ms), retain 7>
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@3 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000369, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (4 ms), retain 7>

Sorry for the absence on this thread but I am taking another fresh look through it at the moment. We will work on getting your updates into Chimera. Thanks for everyone's testing so far and GingaNija for helping out with the 6670.

zanonale said:
Can anyone help me, plz?
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000366, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (355 ms), reta$

That does look like Duckweed is loading properly. What are your issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back