Contribute
Register

Clean Install Guide: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 + ATI 5770 (Batmobile) + Mountain Lion 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and mine has been relatively stable, but not without some funky anomalies (most common, sleep mode intermittently fails and resets the CMOS). If yours does this, heads-up to MacMan's recent post: MultiBeast 5.0.0 For Mountain Lion Coming Soon :thumbup:

- Dan

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...645-ga-x58a-ud3r-up-running-2.html#post389081

after patched AppleRTC.Kext, sleep works fine and no more cmos reset

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Make sure to copy original MLion AppleRTC.Kext in S/L/E to Extra/Extensions folder before run the script. After that, copy the kext to desktop and run kextbeast. Fo some reason couldn't apply the scipt directly on AppleRTC.kext on S/L/E.

u r right multibeast 5 will fix alot of problem , does the usb 3 works ?

Sluggish after waking from sleep, I can't figure out what is causing a dramatic drop in performance after waking up, FPS drops to the teens etc...

I have done a clean install on a SSD twice with the same results, even tried on a spare hard drive with same issue, what is driving me crazy is my main hard drive with Lion now has this problem, can something in Bios cause this? I have been running Bios version FF for over a year without a problem & I am not crazy about flashing, I guess I will try the patched AppleRTC.Kext one more time.

Anyone else with bad wake up performance?

Thanks.

Sluggish after waking from sleep, I can't figure out what is causing a dramatic drop in performance after waking up, FPS drops to the teens etc...

I am not to crazy about flashing, I guess I will try the patched AppleRTC.Kext one more time.

Anyone else with bad wake up performance?

Yes, would recommend both that, the latest Bios & respective DSDT, along with what iNews recommended (MultiBeast 5 may have a positive impact on these issues though):

after patched AppleRTC.Kext, sleep works fine and no more cmos reset

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Make sure to copy original MLion AppleRTC.Kext in S/L/E to Extra/Extensions folder before run the script. After that, copy the kext to desktop and run kextbeast. Fo some reason couldn't apply the scipt directly on AppleRTC.kext on S/L/E.

Unfortunately the patched AppleRTC.Kext didn't help after wake issue, I followed these instructions & used patched AppleRTC.kext found here http://www.mediafire.com/?d7pdin1d8ae2mbl

12. Copy AppleRTC.kext from /S/L/E to desktop
13. Open terminal and fire off this command:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' ~/Desktop/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
14. Move original AppleRTC.kext to trash
15. Use kextbeast to install patched AppleRTC.kext

Unfortunately the patched AppleRTC.Kext didn't help after wake issue, I followed these instructions & used patched AppleRTC.kext found here http://www.mediafire.com/?d7pdin1d8ae2mbl

12. Copy AppleRTC.kext from /S/L/E to desktop
13. Open terminal and fire off this command:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' ~/Desktop/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
14. Move original AppleRTC.kext to trash
15. Use kextbeast to install patched AppleRTC.kext

this to fix reset of cmos after wake

I have an x58 ud5 r1 board.

system hangs here when loading ml..see picture attached from -v loading points..

I have not had problems loading lion in the past any help welcome.

deleted the ati6000 kext on my usb installer

using graphicsenabler=no -v

when i use the lion installer it works fine.....I tried it just to make sure it wasn't a mobo setting fault....

I have had no problems just seems to hang on osx ml installer.....

if anyone can help with a fix I would be grateful
as much as I would like to spend money on a newer ivy bridge system this geeks benches at 9500 and fulfils my needs...

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 683
Well, after so long time traying to do a fresh install and restore from my Lion TimeMachine copy finally i've it working like a charm.

After 1 day everything seems to be normal like in Lion, i'll try to make sleep works with your guide, thanks everyone that make Hackintosh possible.

I don't know why but now I can only boot using pmVersion=0, if I don't do that I have a lovely Kernel Panic Screen, anyone knows why?

Thanks

I give up!!!! What boot switches did you use? I have tried them all -x -v -f GE=yes/No pcirootuid ect. still can't get to install screen. either PCI or 128 mem error. I haves tried gtx285 (works great in SL), ATI 5770, gt210, Corsair DDR3 1600- 6GB memory 12 gb memory to no avail.

GA-X58A-UD3R FF Ver 2.0
1tb WDC HDD Black
i7-930 Boxed
Sony DVD
PC Power&Cooling 800Watt PSU
Apple Keyboard & Mouse
(2) Viewsonic 25" monitors (Only one hooked up at install time)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back