Contribute
Register

Clean Install Guide: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 + ATI 5770 (Batmobile) + Mountain Lion 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
double check you bios configuration. Pay attention to the energy states, i think might be reason.

I give up!!!! What boot switches did you use? I have tried them all -x -v -f GE=yes/No pcirootuid ect. still can't get to install screen. either PCI or 128 mem error. I haves tried gtx285 (works great in SL), ATI 5770, gt210, Corsair DDR3 1600- 6GB memory 12 gb memory to no avail.

GA-X58A-UD3R FF Ver 2.0
1tb WDC HDD Black
i7-930 Boxed
Sony DVD
PC Power&Cooling 800Watt PSU
Apple Keyboard & Mouse
(2) Viewsonic 25" monitors (Only one hooked up at install time)!

Where are you stuck? give us some detail is this in the installer? or after the installation has been completed?
Did you double check your bios configuration?

BIOS Settings are (SATA devices using the AHCI mode..... Enable the HPET and set it to 64-bit mode.... Power Management (S3)(STR) Again depending on which switches I use it gets stuck at PCI config or 128 bit memory!

I give up!!!! What boot switches did you use? I have tried them all -x -v -f GE=yes/No pcirootuid ect. still can't get to install screen. either PCI or 128 mem error. I haves tried gtx285 (works great in SL), ATI 5770, gt210, Corsair DDR3 1600- 6GB memory 12 gb memory to no avail.

GA-X58A-UD3R FF Ver 2.0
1tb WDC HDD Black
i7-930 Boxed
Sony DVD
PC Power&Cooling 800Watt PSU
Apple Keyboard & Mouse
(2) Viewsonic 25" monitors (Only one hooked up at install time)!

Try enabling "No Execute Memory Protect" in Advanced BIOS settings. You should see the install screen after this.

Also, OP. I know how to get sleep working on this board.

1. Install the AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset from Multibeast.
2. Go here and download this Sleep Enabler kext.

http://www.osx86.net/view/2972-sleepenabler_universal.html

3. Put it on the desktop and run Kext Wizard. Install the kext to S/L/E. Then repair S/L/E permissions and kext cache.

Restart the computer, then give sleep a try.

Thanks for this! Mind telling us which audio setting you used for MultiBeast. I have the same build, and I used the ALC889 without DSDT option.

Does anyone have any issues with USB 3.0 their UD3R 2.0 FH? I upgraded from SL to ML and my USB 3 ports don't work now. I installed the 3rd party USB 3.0 drivers from the latest Multibeast 5.0.2.

USB Super-Speed Bus appears in the system information USB section but the devices attached don't appear to work.

EDIT: Ignore that, I installed the Lion Multibeast 4.6.1 USB 3.0 drivers and it's working fine now. Devices are detected on the USB3 ports. :)

I've been out of the loop for about one year; my hackintosh is running 10.7.4 and is running ok. I tried yesterday night to install 10.8 to a new hard drive and I can't make it work. The system boots fine on UniBeast and 10.8 installs without errors. Once the installation completes, it reboots. At this point the UniBeast is still needed as a boot loader, and from that point on the system will not boot completely unless in safe boot mode. There's a kernel panic at what seems like near the completion of the boot process.

Using -v isn't really helpful for diagnosing what causes the KP, as there are no new messages for a little while before the system simply stops (is this what a kernel panic in verbose mode do? nothing reported on the screen console and it just stays there?). I tried to install MultiBeast with the settings posted on this thread (and with the DST file matching my FH BIOS on the desktop), but it does not help.

The last few lines I see are:
DSMOS has arrived
macx_swapon SUCCESS
hard drive still busy for about 1 second, then everything stops.

In non-verbose mode, I see the grey apple boot screen with the busy spinning symbol, and the KP appears when I'd expect the screen to change to the login screen.

The system is as per my profile:
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R v2 bios FH
Intel i7 950
Asus GeForce 8400GS (very old)
3 x 2 GB DIMM

Rebooting (with the same BIOS settings) to my Lion drive in verbose mode, the console screen clears just a tad before the point where I get a kernel panic with 10.8.

Is my oldie 8400GS incompatible with Mountain Lion? Any advice on what I should try next?

Thanks!

--- Update 1 : I can boot normally by doing the following:
- Clean install of Mountain Lion via UniBeast;
- boot -x
- Run Multi-Beast 5.0.2
- boot -x
- download and install 10.8.1 combo update;
- boot -x
- download and install nVidia drivers for 10.8.1

This is a draft setup; I think it would be ok to install the 10.8.1 update then MultiBeast (with no reboot in between).

So it seems that 8400GS is not working out of the box. I am trying to convert this box to a eyeTV & media player, and noticed that in 10.7, eyeTV is sluggish with the overlayed menus. Will check if it is any better with the nVidia drivers and 10.8.1.

--- Update 2: nVidia drivers make this old (but fanless!) card work great with eyeTv! Much better than in 10.7 - no more jerky video while displaying on-screen menus, they don't lag anymore while navigating in them; I can display 1080i without any odd jerkiness. So this is a keeper. Things to check next with this experimental setup:
- Remote Buddy & SwitchResX work ok;
- Bluetooth adapter works ok, along with my PS3 remote;
- sleep and wake are ok - no CMOS reset, no laggy behaviour after wake (I can live without sleep, but would be nice if it worked);
- fix the onboard audio so that Plex & eyeTV can send multi-channel over optical connection.

--- Update 3: I wiped my SSD clean and attempted a better install. What I did:
- Boot with UniBeast and proceed with Mountain Lion install on the SSD;
- Reboot on USB HDD; selected the system partition on the SSD used -x to boot in safe mode;
- Downloaded and installed 10.8.1 combo update;
- Downloaded my DSDT file from tonymacx86.com's database and placed it on the desktop;
- Downloaded Multibeast 5.0.2
- Once the update finished installing, I ran MultiBeast right away, enabling the following options:
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Audio / Realtek ALC8xx / With DSDT / ALC899
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Disk / JMicron36xATA
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Disk / TRIM Enabler
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Disk / JMicron36xATA
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Miscellaneous / FakeSMC
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Miscellaneous / FakeSMC / FakeSMC Plugins / Motherboard Plugins
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Miscellaneous / FakeSMC / FakeSMC Plugins / HWMonitor Application
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Miscellaneous / FakeSMC / FakeSMC Plugins / USB 3.0 - 3rd Party
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / Network / Lnx2Mac's RealtexRTL81xx Et..
Drivers & Bootloaders / Drivers / System / AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Drivers & Bootloaders / Bootloaders / Chimera v1.11.1 r1394
Customization / System Definitions / Mac Pro / MacPro 3,1
Customization / Themes / tonymacx86
-Rebooted with -x option;
- Installed the nVidia drivers;
- Copied my AppleHDA kext from my previous 10.7.4 setup that was patched for encoded surround out to the desktop and installed it using kextBeast
- reboot with no flags.

System boots, video is fine, eyeTV and Plex should output surround sound via optical out (will confirm later). Sleep does not work. The screen goes blank, but that's it. The system seems to hang; I need to reset it and boot again.

--- Update 4: tried the sleep enabler mentioned a few posts above mine. Screen goes blank, but computer does not sleep and I can't get the display back. I can ssh to the machine and reboot it.

--- Update 5: encoded surround works for both Plex and eyeTv. I removed SleepEnabler.kext. So sleep doesn't work and shutdown is slow - seems to hang a while doing nothing before powering down. Slight stuttering with eyeTv in 1080i. Will report other experiments when I do some.

GA-X58A-UD3R and Gigabyte Radeon guide

Thank you SO MUCH for this. After several attempts I managed to also get 10.8.2 up and running with the same hardware.

Everything was working fine, until I updated Chameleon from the version Unibeast used to the latest. Now I have no video unless I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. Was updating Chameleon a bad idea? Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks again!

EDIT: I was able to solve the issue by just running Easy DSDT through MultiBeast again, which reverted Chameleon to the older version.

Clean Install Guide: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 + ATI 5770 + Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Hi,

I have the GA-X58A-UD3r Rev. 2.0 and a i7 930, 24GB Tripple RAM and a ATI HD5570

Downloaded the ML 10.8.2 from AppStore, installed it and I get stuck in the Multibeast setup.
Have the newest Version of MultiBeast (5.0.2 for Mountain Lion)!
Can somebody please post a actual picture (or describe it again) of the settings of MultiBeast
(5.0.2) for this Mainboard! All the older post, have a older Verison.
I am not sure, if I have selected everything right.

Update 1:
Now I have tried almost everything last night. MultiBeast 4.6.1, and MultiBeast 5.0.3, but the
System stops with a Kernal Panic Error! :(

Thank you guys
DeeJay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back