Contribute
Register

Clean Install Guide: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 + ATI 5770 (Batmobile) + Mountain Lion 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very similar system: i7-950, XFX 5770 single slot, and same Mobo. But my Mobo is on BIOS FF.

Just updated my primary and backup install drives.

I had issues getting into the installer at first, so I decided (not sure what fixed it) to bring my overclock temporary back to stock (just until the install was finished; it's now overclocked again), unplug my bluetooth adapter, and install the latest Chimera on both drives before using them to boot into the other during the installation process.

Anyway, worked a charm.

all works well for me,
my 560Ti dont work well it is slower then a HD4850 in cinebench any ideas ? have install Cuda too
i7 950 is under i7 860 in score isnt so good... :(

Mainboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev.2 FH
RAM: G.Skill 3x2048MB PC3-10700H (667 MHz) F3-16000CL9-2GBTDD
Graphic: Point of View Nvidia 560Ti 1024MB Rev. A1
HDDs: OCZ-VERTEX2_____________________________1.35____
ST3500630AS_____________________________3.AAE___
WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0____________________51.0AB51
DVD: ATAPI iHAS124 #

have installed combo now osx isnt boot SMC_Plattform CPU Power Management Timeout or something like else

all works well for me,
my 560Ti dont work well it is slower then a HD4850 in cinebench any ideas ? have install Cuda too
i7 950 is under i7 860 in score isnt so good... :(

Nobody is going to have much in the way of ideas if you don't include any information about your setup in the post, a signature, or your profile.

Cinebench is not a very good measure of system performance/out of date. Try something else.

Thanks for putting updated info out there for ML 10.8 guys!

Independently, I followed a similar process... except I upgraded from 10.7.4 to 10.8. After spending copious hours reading through the postings and trial/error work on my own, I also corrected another legacy issue that'd been bugging me... sleep. If I understand correctly, the AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset was the missing link. Since including this in MultiBeast it sleeps again!

The good news: the system now sleeps and recovers (most of the time).
Odd news: processor not not identified in About This Mac (not sure if this is a related issue to what comes next)
The bad news: it periodically doesn't come out of sleep (when this happens, CMOS is actually reset to factory defaults). I've individually tested all the other components (RAM, HDD's, Video) and believe they're functional so the issue is a little perplexing.

MY RIG (loosely based on the CustoMac Pro 2010 configs) ...
MB: GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FH BIOS (with matching DSDT version)
CPU: Core i7-980X (stock clock settings)
RAM: 16 GB Patriot 1600 MHz
Video: PNY nVidia GeForce 9800-GT 1GB
HDDs: SAMS SSD PM810 (256GB), WDC 1TB (WD10EADS-65L5B1), Hitachi 1TB (HUA721010KLA330), WDC 250GB (WD2500JS-60NCB1) for Win7
DVD: PLDS (Philips/LiteOn Digital Solutions) DVD+-RW DH-16A6S​
Upgrade steps:
UniBeast 1.5.2 upgrade from Lion 10.7.4 to ML 10.8.0
MultiBeast 4.6.1 (selected options in the screen shot attachment)
Then applied Chimera 1.11​

If anyone else out there has experienced (or resolved) an issue like this in Mountain Lion, it'd be great to hear how you dealt with it!

PS - JPA... your guides were real handy during the SL and Lion days - thank you! :clap:

Thanks - Dan...

Attachments

• GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0 FH-Bios MultiBeast 4.6.1 selections.jpg
    GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0 FH-Bios MultiBeast 4.6.1 selections.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 903
  • About This Mac - dantastic.png
    About This Mac - dantastic.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 658
tomorrow guide :)

anyone with GTX 480 get this up and running with an Apple Cinema Display? (and to add more complexity, DUAL GTX 480's?)

64 bit kext necessary?

Hey guys,
I just built my hackintosh with a similar setup.
x58a-ud3r rev2 fh
i7 -960
6gb gskill ram (probably going to get more)
nvidia Geforce 9500 gt

I got everything working well, my questions are in regards to the multibeast options.
Mountain Lion is only 64 bit correct? so is there a need to check the 64 bit apple boot screen?
I thought that was there because this MultiBeast is still the "Lion" version.
My screen looks slightly fuzzy, but maybe i'm just used to the gloss on my macbook? Could it be my very average video card?
It probably doesn't help that i was checking out the retina display macbooks today haha, so maybe its my imagination.

I'm also using a SATA ssd and HDD does that mean i need to check the 3rd party SATA options?
Do i need to click the USB 3.0 in order to get it to work? I thought I read USB 3.0 was unsupported for now in hackintosh?
and last of all what are themes?
Appreciate all advice, I am still very new to this. It is my first computer build of any kind.

tomorrow guide :)

Why?

Doesn't this guide already suffice?

If you make a guide, we'll just split the ML install guides for this mobo/GPU into TWO (if not more) threads to follow. If we just use this thread-- which was here first-- we'll be able to keep things unified.

How about posting your upgrade process inside this thread instead of making a new one. What else do you have to add to the equation anyway that isn't contained here?

did u use DSDT from the database ??

JPA waiting for ur Guide

did u use DSDT from the database ??

JPA waiting for ur Guide

Yes and mine has been relatively stable, but not without some funky anomalies (most common, sleep mode intermittently fails and resets the CMOS). If yours does this, heads-up to MacMan's recent post: MultiBeast 5.0.0 For Mountain Lion Coming Soon :thumbup:

- Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back