Contribute
Register

Clean Install Guide: GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 + ATI 5770 (Batmobile) + Mountain Lion 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, any luck to have sleep working?
Screen goes black, but it doesn't sleep and wake up :(

By way of update, I did a reinstall this evening. This time, I used "MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.0.2" (which was not available at the time of writing this original guide) and as such I came up against a few issues.

a) The available options are different
b) There was an issue after installing FakeSMC through multibeast whereby, when booting, the system would hang. Switching to verbose mode at startup (-v flag) I could see it was hanging at .org.navi.OEMsmbios. I booted into safe mode (-x flag) then from terminal:
Code:
rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OEMsmbios.kext
c) I booted with "UseKernelCache=No" flag, according to this post I should have also changed "org.chameleon.boot.plist" to "UseKernelCache=Yes" but I didn't and it worked fine. Apparently it's also a good idea to rebuild the kernal cache, which can be done in terminal by:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

If there are any issues, I'll report back in the next few days to update this post.

Here's a screenshot of the new options:
BTF5Y.gif

Attachments

• multibeast.jpg
    multibeast.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 296
If there are any issues, I'll report back in the next few days to update this post.

As an FYI, I should note that sleep still doesn't work (and as per original post, I dont really care that it doesn't) but I know that this is a sticking point for many of you.

As an FYI, I should note that sleep still doesn't work (and as per original post, I dont really care that it doesn't) but I know that this is a sticking point for many of you.

Have same exact problem with an almost identical system. Just bought an SSD wanted to do a fresh install and EVERYTHING works except sleep. With same hardware and same bios settings I boot from my previous 10.8.2 install (a 500GB HDD) and it sleeps perfectly. I think I used a previous version of Multi Beast when I did that install.

I hadn't had sleep working on my machine since Snow Leopard and now that I had it I actually enjoyed having it quite a bit. Can live without it but if someone finds the solution I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Hello. folks!

I will upgrade my OS this weekend, but i have some questions. Right now, i'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.8, in a system as listed in my signature, and hope that moutain lion should work flawless.

1 - It's a silly thing, a newbie question, but i will ask: did you guys unplugged all the hdds and memory, leaving only the hdd that will install the mountain lion, or this procedure only apply on a fresh install os Snow Leopard? (as seen in this post of tonymac: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com.br/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html )

2 - Should i use a legacy version of Multibeast, or the version 5.1.0?

Cheers for everyone!

Hi

I have almost the exact same build like you have but my wake up / sleep works just fine for me. I used your guid to install mine. The only thing I did diffrent was, I use Mac Pro 3.1 instead of iMac 12.2. I flashed the bios to FH and installed it on a intel 520 SSD with 240 GB. CPU and board are the same as you have.

Thanks for that guid it realy helped me out doing my fist hackintosh.

I just did my first Hackintosh install.

I find that if I do a restart from Mac OS, that it hangs during the boot process.

If I shutdown, it will subsequently boot with no issues.

Has anyone seen this?

Now we are on Multibeast 5.2.1, what options can I use for USB3?

I installed both options, but my usb3 ports are still not working at all.

I have the same board and am running 10.6.8. Is it possible to update to the most recent OSX version while keeping all my data?

Has anyone gotten 1394 Firewire to work with this board and 10.8.4??

bump... anyone get 1394 to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back