Contribute
Register

Chuwi CoreBox Pro i3-1005G1 (Ice Lake): itlwm: taskq task_add iwx_newstate_task add to queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, yes I was referring to that. Give it a try and see if you boot into Mac recovery and take it from there. Once you have it installed then you can sort out the rest of the issues after

USB booted but did not reach Mac recovery.

Attachments

• gib.jpg
    gib.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 171
Remove the igfx boot arg and try that.

Before I got your igfx response, I had booted one of the EFIs I had saved a few days ago (from a Big Sur installer) and it booted Catalina into recovery. It is still installing; I will post result when it is completed... or panicked

I have some results to report. The EFI that successfully load mac os recovery and installed Catalina is attached. However, when booting the installation (from ssd) the gui is not loading and it is getting stuck with what I assume to be a GPU issue. The CoreBox has one hdmi port and one display port. Display port never displays anything at any point from when the power button is turned on, so I have only been able to use HDMI.

EDIT: This EFI does allow mac os recovery to load and the installation to ssd completes. It is when booting the installation ssd that the process gets stuck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 118
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    994.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Next, I tried the EFI from apollohackintosh. The kernel is panics with a Fault CR2 error and recovery is failing to load.

Attachments

• cr2.jpg
    cr2.jpg
    849.1 KB · Views: 48
I took a look at your EFI in post #15. I don't see any iGPU acceleration in the logs and after checking your config.plist I pinpointed the issue to a non-natively supported iGPU device-id so you will need to spoof it. (this is also mentioned in dortania's guide to making a config.plist here). I added a working device-id to your plist so please try booting using the EFI of post #15 with the config.plist replaced with the one attached here.

Also: your boot argument gfxdvmt is invalid it should be -igfxdvmt according to the whatevergreen readme. I didn't fix this for you yet as you might not need it to boot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I took a look at your EFI in post #15. I don't see any iGPU acceleration in the logs and after checking your config.plist I pinpointed the issue to a non-natively supported iGPU device-id so you will need to spoof it. (this is also mentioned in dortania's guide to making a config.plist here). I added a working device-id to your plist so please try booting using the EFI of post #15 with the config.plist replaced with the one attached here.

Also: your boot argument gfxdvmt is invalid it should be -igfxdvmt according to the whatevergreen readme. I didn't fix this for you yet as you might not need it to boot.
Your config.plist did make things seem to go faster but I still got stuck at the same point (01.jpg). I then used the correct -igfxdvmt flag and still got the same result. I let it run all while I slept hoping that maybe there would eventually be progress but 6hrs later the screen was the same as I left it (02.jpg).

I read somewhere (didn't save url) that a MacBookAir9,1 SMBIOS works better with GPU spoofing compared to the MacBookPro16,2. I will try the Air.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
I still don't see anything Igpu related pop up in the logs so here is a config with a different framebuffer and a different device-id. I also looked up your hardware and it seems like it has an HDMI out, are you using that or a displayport out (I am asking because all of the icelake framebuffers use either internal laptop out or displayport out so if you want to use HDMI you might need to apply a patch but I am not sure if it is require to get any output at all.)

using a different SMBIOS shouldn't make a difference here but you might want to choose something that matches your hardware configuration closer than a macbookpro.

I also suppose that screen is not 4k, because that could give issues as well without patching?

Attachments

• config.plist
    25.3 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back