Contribute
Register

Chuwi CoreBox Pro i3-1005G1 (Ice Lake): itlwm: taskq task_add iwx_newstate_task add to queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P3 Tech IB2 (CHUWI CoreBox Pro)
CPU
Intel Core i3-1005G1
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel Processors
I have a Chuwi Corebox Pro with the i3-1005G1 processor and UHD graphics, 12GB RAM. This is my first OpenCore build and I have followed Dortania's guide for Ice Lake. I used MacBookAir9,1 SMBIOS info. The installation is getting stuck with "itlwm: taskq task_add iwx_newstate_task add to queue" as shown in attached picture. Is there anything I can do to get past the error, or is the i3-1005G1 simply not supported?

To avoid an error that made the a partition locked/unreadable, I set
EnableWriteUnprotector = Yes
RebuildAppleMemoryMap = No
SetupVirtualMap = Yes

Then I spoofed the G4 graphics with
AAPL,ig-platform-id = 00005a8a

Since this is a mobile processor/board as a mini-pc, there is no LCD light sensor. So I did not include SMCLightSensor.kext

Attachments

• 20210129_233147.jpg
    20210129_233147.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 454
  • opencore-2021-01-29-112939.txt
    256 KB · Views: 155
  • efi_partition.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 231
So I did not include SMCLightSensor.kext
Your uploaded /EFI says otherwise :

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 15.29.37.png

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 15.39.50.png

That itiwm spam on your screenshot is coming from AirportItlwm.kext, suggest you disable it for clarity while fault finding.

Last edited:
I removed SMCLightSensor.kext and AirportItlwm.kext and then I got an error for bluetooth (01 bluetooth.jpg)

Next I removed IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext ; result was a SMCSuperIO error (02 smcsuperio.jpg)

I removed SMCSuperIO.kext and then got errors about multiple files not being found (03 final.jpg)
The attached is my final EFI

Any suggestions what to try next?

Attachments

• 01 bluetooth.jpg
    01 bluetooth.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 348
  • 02 smcsuperio.jpg
    02 smcsuperio.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 228
  • 03 final.jpg
    03 final.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 285
  • EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • opencore-2021-01-30-103138.txt
    256 KB · Views: 67
Did you follow the OC guide? Start off with everything basic and then add other kexts to the EFI post installation.

Yes, I followed the guide and the I added the kexts to EFI after createinstallmedia. I added kexts recommended by guide at first. At this point I have removed the ones for bluetooth, wifi, and smcsuperio.

Did you run Aida64? Have a look at your hardware and see what needs to be added. It seems like a simple build to be honest but there might be some issues with your bios settings as well. Grab the hardware report from Aida64 and post it, it should give us an idea of why this is happening. You have way too many kexts to begin with just to do the installation.

I have run Aida64 and report is attached.

Attachments

• Report.txt
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,920
Ok so keep in mind this is using a laptop chipset so you will have to follow that guide. I'll create the EFI for you and will upload it and you can give it a try then and let me know if it works.

Try this EFI, I have made modifications and removed unnecessary kexts. Other issues you can work out once you have everything booted and installed. Make sure you use makeinstall.bat to install catalina on your USB and drag and drop this EFI in the boot partition but delete what is there to begin with. This is the debug version which is what you initially used I think. Anyways let me know how it goes as I am curious to see why you got that kernel panic.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 315
I have gone through the OpenCore guide and I do not see any references to makeinstall.bat

A google search led me to https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS, which does have makeinstall.bat

Is that what you are referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back